Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 03:45 PM
Banned

Default Got the urge to play again - a few questions

Hey all,

Been a couple years since I've visited a a few more since I've played. I got the urge to play again and just noticed that there's a new server, so that got me motivated.

I found my old EQ Titanium discs, but my current laptop doesn't have a DVD drive so I ordered an external off of Amazon.

I played Blue and Red several years ago and originally played on VZ from early 2000 through... I don't know, 2 or 3 expansions after PoP - I've generally played a bard named Doktoor.

Anyways, to my questions:

1) Two new servers: Does it matter which one I pick?

2) I'm wanting to play with my GF who's never played before. Is there still a procedure so that your IP can play two accounts at once?

3) I'd like to use my old account because it has characters on Blue and Red. Is there a procedure to reset my pw? Is the pw the same as the forum to log into the game?

4) I have a Microsoft Surface Pro laptop. Will this laptop run EQ?

5) Is there a safe way to DL Titanium (this is a work laptop) so that I don't have to wait for the DVD player to get here?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Lots of people on green playing "with their girlfriends" so you will be in good company
Old 11-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of people on green playing "with their girlfriends" so you will be in good company
I'm actually going to playing with my girlfriend. I hate boxing and I won't have time to play if she doesn't play.

Man, I can't believe Brad McQuaid died... He wasn't that old was he? Jesus, I'm getting old...
Old 11-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,

Been a couple years since I've visited a a few more since I've played. I got the urge to play again and just noticed that there's a new server, so that got me motivated.

I found my old EQ Titanium discs, but my current laptop doesn't have a DVD drive so I ordered an external off of Amazon.

I played Blue and Red several years ago and originally played on VZ from early 2000 through... I don't know, 2 or 3 expansions after PoP - I've generally played a bard named Doktoor.

Anyways, to my questions:

1) Two new servers: Does it matter which one I pick?

2) I'm wanting to play with my GF who's never played before. Is there still a procedure so that your IP can play two accounts at once?

3) I'd like to use my old account because it has characters on Blue and Red. Is there a procedure to reset my pw? Is the pw the same as the forum to log into the game?

4) I have a Microsoft Surface Pro laptop. Will this laptop run EQ?

5) Is there a safe way to DL Titanium (this is a work laptop) so that I don't have to wait for the DVD player to get here?

Thanks
1) Teal has a slightly lower population. Some have theorized it might also be a little more solo player focused, as the soloist types would have switched to Teal for the lower population.

2) Yes. Got to request an IP exemption.

3) No idea. I just started a new account when I came back to Green.

4) It runs Windows, yes? I don't see why it wouldn't. Just make sure you follow the installation instructions to a T.

5) Aye, matey. I found mine on the high seas of the internet. Arrr, arrr, arrr. If you don't want to use such a site on a work computer, maybe do the download on another computer, then use an external drive to transfer it to the computer you want to play on.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

If you still have one of the other systems with a DVD drive, you can share the drive across your network, or use a tool like imgburn to create iso's of them, copy them to the new laptop, and mount them.

-Mcoy
Old 11-23-2019, 06:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You can also install on a computer with a dvd drive, patch P1999 files so its ready to play and copy/paste it where ever you want. Onto a flash drive, over the network or whatever.
Closed Thread