Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Default Suggestions on an alt with utility?

Utility as in providing a service such as porting, exp resurrections etc. I want to level an alt but want it to provide utility/service, I only have the time really to have one “main” class (a mage) that I can take to 50/60.

The alt class would ideally be beneficial at lower levels, e.g. druids can port folks in their mid levels.

What do you guys suggest for an alt that will be valuable to have, without necessarily ever reaching 50/60?
Old 12-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Aviak

If you would like to do utilities i'd focus on your mage until you have enough funds to train your alt with trades. Newbies will always be needing Food and drinks ect ect.
Favian - Wood Elf 3 Ranger
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 12-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekl_Mortain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you would like to do utilities i'd focus on your mage until you have enough funds to train your alt with trades. Newbies will always be needing Food and drinks ect ect.
I’d like to park the mage until pet recipes are fixed, now seems as good as time as any to make an alt. I have plenty of plat to provision the alt, the mage barely needs any gear.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Necro, ranger or bard maybe?
Old 12-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard and ranger for track? Why the necro?
Old 12-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could see bard but I'm not really sure what utility/service a necro or ranger provides to others/group at lower levels ?

Edit after OP post....wait, Track is a service? lol.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Kobold

No class can do all the things you want. Only druid/wiz can port, only cleric/pal can XP rez, for example. There is no crossover. I think ports are overrated, at least on a server with <Dial a Port>. I've never had a problem finding a port if I was willing to offer 20p, even at 3am on a weekday (which is why I'm tired at work right now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

OTOH even on blue it could be very hard to find an xp rez, so if you are asking to be convenient/useful to people then cleric is probably best.

If you are looking for an alt to make money by offering services, druid is probably best as they can both port and PL very efficiently.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No class can do all the things you want. Only druid/wiz can port, only cleric/pal can XP rez, for example. There is no crossover. I think ports are overrated, at least on a server with <Dial a Port>. I've never had a problem finding a port if I was willing to offer 20p, even at 3am on a weekday (which is why I'm tired at work right now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

OTOH even on blue it could be very hard to find an xp rez, so if you are asking to be convenient/useful to people then cleric is probably best.

If you are looking for an alt to make money by offering services, druid is probably best as they can both port and PL very efficiently.
Yea I just meant porting, OR resurrection, OR something else etc, Clerics don’t get exp res until 49 though right? They get 50% a bit earlier but I seem to recall people turning up their nose at 50 resses on blue.

As for plat, the mage will see to those needs easily enough.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I just meant porting, OR resurrection, OR something else etc, Clerics don’t get exp res until 49 though right? They get 50% a bit earlier but I seem to recall people turning up their nose at 50 resses on blue.

As for plat, the mage will see to those needs easily enough.
That's mostly just because everyone knows someone with an epic cleric on blue. On green I've gotten many requests for my "paltry" 50% rez (which is level 39 btw) although I am expecting an increase once I get 90% at 49.

-Mcoy
Old 12-03-2019, 03:51 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Utility as in providing a service such as porting, exp resurrections etc. I want to level an alt but want it to provide utility/service, I only have the time really to have one “main” class (a mage) that I can take to 50/60.

The alt class would ideally be beneficial at lower levels, e.g. druids can port folks in their mid levels.

What do you guys suggest for an alt that will be valuable to have, without necessarily ever reaching 50/60?
I'll vote Druid.

You can begin SOW'ing players at 14, provide ports at 29, all while able to heal/buff others throughout the levels & provide plvl'ing via dmg shields. Turn a group of players into wolves at 39.

Personal utility, you've got tracking & the ability to quickly port yourself around the world, checking for rare pops. If you take it up to the 30's/40's, you could even kill those rares on your druid.