Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

I am trying to devise a new menu for my wife and I. We own a startup cidery so are always at beer/cider/wine events. Hell, our board meetings are usually at tap rooms. Beer calories stack up quick!

I do love the idea of focusing calisthenics at home. Seems a nice compliment to when I am able to run during day job lunch. Been fucking hot out of late, so it sucks to have to build up the stamina again after not running. However, I detest treadmills, and the scenery is fabulous (bouncy bouncy bouncy) this time of year.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a friend
Old 08-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hope everyone is out there hittin' it hard this week.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

You probably struggle to understand what that is, "a friend."
Old 08-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hope everyone is out there hittin' it hard this week.
great movie, one that I watched and didn't find that great the first time, so watched it again and again, and again.... it only got better the more I watched it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Banned

melon how tall and weigh? i might throw down
Old 08-11-2017, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In before 'watch out we have a badass over here'

I'm running my 5th marathon (3:04 PR) in November and typically run/train super early in the day. If you have a workout routine that comes before or after any gaming, I recommend you use the EQ downtime for active recovery. Recovery is just as important as the working out. When I have some downtime (tunnel questing, mob re spawn), I use it to foam roll, stretch, and as a reminder to hydrate.

Also, if you must snack, pay attention to what you're eating — not so much as counting calories (sometimes you just need to eat), but what kind of snacks fill you up vs give you immediate energy (protein v carbs, etc).

(context - I run 60-70 miles a week)
Pras it thats a great time, I want to run a full marathon but I need to prove to myself that I can run at least 20 miles in training before I'm ready to do an event ^^

My diet is pretty good but I definitely need to drink more water generally :/
Old 08-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

I try to make sure I breathe and stay hydrated, and keep my electrolyte levels rock solid. I have found the latter to be key actually. I would be lost without Pediasure Slammers.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I try to make sure I breathe and stay hydrated, and keep my electrolyte levels rock solid. I have found the latter to be key actually. I would be lost without Pediasure Slammers.
Someone said to me that if you keep some salt tablets with you (available from chemists) on a long run that it's better than the all-singing, all-dancing sport/hydration drinks in terms of keeping electrolyte levels up. Came from a marathon runner, has anyone else done this or tried this on a long run.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Not like I'm an athlete but... there's a reason there's sugar in sports drinks. Glucose helps the absorption of sodium, and water along with it, in the intestine.

Sodium-glucose co-transport

Closed Thread