Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 06:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

Why not play TAKP where you don't have to compete and share pixels in order, as Brad intended?

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Kobold

because i can't fuggin zoom out with my mousewheel
Old 11-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Kobold

and boxing is allowed
Old 11-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not play TAKP where you don't have to compete and share pixels in order, as Brad intended?
i think this quote aligns me with my narrative so i approve
Old 11-06-2020, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

I'm a bit late to the thread, busy day.

About the topic of info they have, seems like I recall ages ago during the DDOS days that one of the staff worked for the Dept of Homeland security and called the MF'er at work. The shit stopped quick(also Rogean spent coin on DDOS protection, there was a pic he posted about how little bandwidth the DDOS attacks were taking of the total. It was laughable, but anyways.)

The P99 crew are some Sharp folks. You're in their world. Go ahead and try to break the rules. But remember that the data never goes away.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-06-2020, 05:36 PM
Aviak

So what was the purpose of rooting the dragons? Now we gotta ban the 2 entities with 100+ people for weeks/months at a time, so others can even have a chance to see content. Cause lets be real, that has a part in this. If that was the point, this could have been done earlier to make guilds hash it out.

At least before, there was a chance in hell. Hard work. Learning pulls. Learning mechanics. Nobody has a chance now with them rooted. Zero.

Now it's just giant zerg vs giant zerg.

If I was one of the top 2 entities right now, I'd be brokering a deal not to ever petition each other again. Cause honestly, yall are on the same team right now.

Maybe the raid scene will get better when the zerg turns into 400+ neckbeards working together instead of 200+. How bout that?
Old 11-06-2020, 05:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what was the purpose of rooting the dragons? Now we gotta ban the 2 entities with 100+ people for weeks/months at a time, so others can even have a chance to see content. Cause lets be real, that has a part in this. If that was the point, this could have been done earlier to make guilds hash it out.

At least before, there was a chance in hell. Hard work. Learning pulls. Learning mechanics. Nobody has a chance now with them rooted. Zero.

Now it's just giant zerg vs giant zerg.

If I was one of the top 2 entities right now, I'd be brokering a deal not to ever petition each other again. Cause honestly, yall are on the same team right now.

Maybe the raid scene will get better when the zerg turns into 400+ neckbeards working together instead of 200+. How bout that?
This is a good point. I think the GMs were thinking, root the dragons, beef up the flurrys, makes a big guild take longer to kill to a dragon thus decrease the friction between competing guilds deconflicting them my time and space. What has happened though, is all the guilds have now formed into zergs and have the same problem as they did before.

So now instead of one or two guilds getting banned you have half the server pop on a ban. Honestly, I think the GMs need to come up with a system that works for them for petitions. Asking players to do it wont work in the same way you have referees in sports (I know, i'm comparing p99 to professional athletes, forget the BMI comparisons here for a sec).

There needs to be a neutral 3rd party to adjudicate disputes. Players can not be ass holes and that's valid, but at the end of the day someone else has to throw the penalty flag.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:54 PM
Aviak

The raid scene was totally dismantled, along with every raiding guild that didn't have 100+. Now we are in a position where competition doesn't exist, and blanket bans are the only way for others to play. Back in the day, nobody would care if a guild was banned. People would join a good, unbanned guild as the banned guild fell apart. But 10% of the server population wasn't in 2 raiding entities..

At least some of ya guys get to see some sunlight, there is one positive.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Kobold

no one wants to hear rational arguments for why rooted tov was the dumbest decision to ever happen on p99

they just want to experience the zone on their shadow knights
Old 11-06-2020, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

So what died the last three weeks? And how long was it alive?
Closed Thread