Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Default Coldain Ring 8 Roll: Official Poll

There was a disagreement at the ring 8 roll today about the correct roll time, with about half the people saying that the roll should be at the same time as the day before, and the other half saying the roll should be 30 minutes before she pops. Some players cited the wiki link https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_8_player_agreement as a source of information, but that isn't reliable as anyone can edit the page. As it turns out, GM Menden was eavesdropping in on the conversation! He weighed in, and to paraphrase, he said that there has never really been an official agreed upon rule for the roll that had been approved by any previous GM, and that whatever the majority of players agreed on would be the rule. Someone suggested making a poll on the forum here, and that he could sign off on the result of the poll so there won't be any confusion on the rules going forward.

That brings us here, I'm making this thread for people to post their feedback and the merits of what they think the best system would be. I'm including in the poll the two ways that it has traditionally been done (roll the same time as the day before or roll 30 minutes before her spawn time), as well as a third option that someone mentioned, suggesting to make this roll the same as scout / angry (roll when she pops and everyone present helps with the fight). I'll post my opinion later on in the thread to leave this post unbiased, so please reply with your thoughts about the best rules for the ring 8 roll, and hopefully we can reach a consensus that Menden can make the standard from now on. For the first two options, the caveats would be that you have only 30s to roll from the first roll, and you only have 2 minutes to make your turn in to gloradin when she pops to make sure the timer doesn't get pushed back too much.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Duplicate post with no poll, please delete
Closed Thread