Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 01:56 PM
Aviak

I'll fly to anyones home on P99, use your PC, I'll let anyone start the race by running forward and when I see them start running I'll chase them down and win.

Just buy my plane ticket. Or if you're in cali near SF hit me up.
Seized - 60 Cleric
Astounding Pounding - 51 Druid
Old 02-07-2022, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll fly to anyones home on P99, use your PC, I'll let anyone start the race by running forward and when I see them start running I'll chase them down and win.

Can u teach me how to P99 endgame good?
Old 02-07-2022, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How come you weren’t motivated to make this when you were in Riot and the cheats were securing you the mobs?
Joria was in Aftermath at the time.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

This is unhealthy my guy. Several people from Riot have beaten all of us that are fast off the line. The only guild that has confirmed scripters and cheaters is Riot and yes, to your point, its sad nothing was done about that.

Stunningly practices more than any of you. Stunningly is faster than majority of you (and us in Vanquish) but Stunningly doesnt cheat. Your video just pushes what you want to believe and ignore literally all the evidence that would be required to prove any sort of allegations.

I can only assume this is why it sat "on the GMs desk" for 3 months. Please seek help for you and your family's sake.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:07 PM
Aviak

Play a cleric, Learn your ABCs', and heal the tank.

Also ignore the haters, enjoy the game!
Seized - 60 Cleric
Old 02-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

This shit never happened on Teal.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

It all looks pretty damning to me. Especially the part where Detoxx arrives to dismiss the idea by implying he has an unhealthy obsession.

I'd love to see a more formalized presentation of this but I can understand that GM's may not have a background in math and it was designed to be approachable by them. However, if you have a valid argument against the methodology used to come to these conclusions then lets see it.

Until that happens this looks pretty convincing to me and the ball is in the staffs court. Based on rulings in the past I don't hold out much hope they will adequately address the rampant cheating on this server but I really hope they will do something to punish the people participating in it or at least change the rules so they don't favor cheaters. Staff please help those of us trying to play within the rules here. It's not just raiders who are negatively effected by this its everyone on the server. Allowing this undermines the legitimacy this project.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It all looks pretty damning to me. Especially the part where Detoxx arrives to dismiss the idea by implying he has an unhealthy obsession.

I'd love to see a more formalized presentation of this but I can understand that GM's may not have a background in math and it was designed to be approachable by them. However, if you have a valid argument against the methodology used to come to these conclusions then lets see it.

Until that happens this looks pretty convincing to me and the ball is in the staffs court. Based on rulings in the past I don't hold out much hope they will adequately address the rampant cheating on this server but I really hope they will do something to punish the people participating in it or at least change the rules so they don't favor cheaters. Staff please help those of us trying to play within the rules here. It's not just raiders who are negatively effected by this its everyone on the server. Allowing this undermines the legitimacy this project.
Unfortunately it is not very damning, due to OP missing the computer science aspect of this equation. I'll repost what I said earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly OP didn't take into account the computer science aspect of the problem. He would need to have all of this data I list below to even begin to have a shot at proving anything concretely:

1. Where does everybody on the line live in relation to the server? The farther the distance from the server, the longer it will take to send and receive packets.

2. What is the average ping for everybody on the line? It is 100% possible Furoar has a lower ping than the majority of players on the server for whatever reason, which is why he has an advantage.

3. What ISP is everybody using on the line? Not all ISP's are created equal, and that may contribute to things like packet loss and data routing time.

4. What is the computer specs of everybody on the line? Framerate will differ between players, which means they may receive an update a bit slower.

5. What monitors are being used by everybody on the line? Same point as number 4.

6. How does the game prioritize and send out packets? Do you even know the rate at which the server sends message data vs. player update data? It is possible the data for players starting to move arrived at your computer before the message data. It is also possible message data gets sent less often than player update data.

Online games by their very nature have these kinds of variables built into the cake. The only way you could really compare reaction times is if everybody was playing in the same room, with the same computers and monitors, and the server was also in the same room. Think of a LAN party.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:34 PM
Aviak

I support LAN Party racing!
Seized - 60 Cleric
Old 02-07-2022, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Guys I swear I'm not cheating, and to prove it I'll volunteer to do a thing that absolutely no one will call me on or facilitate to happen. Case closed!
Closed Thread