Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Old 03-21-2024, 04:12 PM
Aviak

Default Earth Staff & Shattered Emerald Drop Rate

In discussing the Plane of Hate Epic pieces with other players, specifically the Shatter Emerald and Earth Staff.

It is a common perception that these items were not as rare on live as they are on P99.

In reviewing the dicussion surrounding the mini bosses in plane of hate (see link below),

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...6&p=3#comments

It was mispercieved that the staff dropped everytime. Oftentimes mages would get the staff on their first run of going to Hate and Killing Magi.

A couple post do confirm that it does not drop everytime, with one unlucky Soul having to kill 6 Magi's to get it to drop. However the overwhelming portion of the dicussion and attitude was that it was pretty common to get the staff in 1 run to Hate.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...3&p=3#comments

When reading the discussion regarding the Orb of Mastery quest, it became apparent that the primary bottleneck of the Magician epic quest was actually the Pegasus Feather Cloak.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...0&p=4#comments

This reading is consistent with my firsthand experience of assisting my friend achieve his Magician Epic. We spent 2 or 3 days chasing Quillmane on live, in era before getting him his cloak. The next night his guild scheduled a Plane of Hate raid and he recieved his Earth Staff.

Additionally, in examination of the Shattered Emerald of Corruption, it is apparent that while the individual drop rate of the Emerald was somewhat rare, when you included the fact that all minibosses (including Maestro & Magi!) had the chance to drop it, it became much more common.

It is my belief that the P99 drop rate of the staff & emerald are artificially nerfed and non classic and should be increased to reflect the actual drop rate that was experienced on Live.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

This is an emulator of the recollection of a game of a dude.

Not an emulator of a game.

Everything is rare here, ridiculously so. Nothing will change that.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an emulator of the recollection of a game of a dude.

Not an emulator of a game.

Everything is rare here, ridiculously so. Nothing will change that.
Chill on the staff bashing dude. And save your salt for your french fries.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In discussing the Plane of Hate Epic pieces with other players, specifically the Shatter Emerald and Earth Staff.

It is a common perception that these items were not as rare on live as they are on P99.

In reviewing the dicussion surrounding the mini bosses in plane of hate (see link below),

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...6&p=3#comments

It was mispercieved that the staff dropped everytime. Oftentimes mages would get the staff on their first run of going to Hate and Killing Magi.

A couple post do confirm that it does not drop everytime, with one unlucky Soul having to kill 6 Magi's to get it to drop. However the overwhelming portion of the dicussion and attitude was that it was pretty common to get the staff in 1 run to Hate.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...3&p=3#comments

When reading the discussion regarding the Orb of Mastery quest, it became apparent that the primary bottleneck of the Magician epic quest was actually the Pegasus Feather Cloak.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...0&p=4#comments

This reading is consistent with my firsthand experience of assisting my friend achieve his Magician Epic. We spent 2 or 3 days chasing Quillmane on live, in era before getting him his cloak. The next night his guild scheduled a Plane of Hate raid and he recieved his Earth Staff.

Additionally, in examination of the Shattered Emerald of Corruption, it is apparent that while the individual drop rate of the Emerald was somewhat rare, when you included the fact that all minibosses (including Maestro & Magi!) had the chance to drop it, it became much more common.

It is my belief that the P99 drop rate of the staff & emerald are artificially nerfed and non classic and should be increased to reflect the actual drop rate that was experienced on Live.
These were interesting reads thanks. I bet if we can find even more evidence you could convince Nilbog to make a change. He's pretty good about changing things if you can find legitimate evidence. I feel like some forum posts in era don't always get it done, but maybe if we find enough of them they would.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:32 PM
Aviak

The biggest takeaway from the historical analysis was that the revamp and mini boss loot drops was implemented to make those bottlekneck items MORE accessible. With a 50% drop rate, mini bosses were dispensing epic quest items more frequently and more accessible than when they were tied to Innoruuk.

With is actually in direct contrast to what P99 has where before the revamp, Inny was dropping quest items far more frequesntly than what the mini bosses do.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest takeaway from the historical analysis was that the revamp and mini boss loot drops was implemented to make those bottlekneck items MORE accessible. With a 50% drop rate, mini bosses were dispensing epic quest items more frequently and more accessible than when they were tied to Innoruuk.

With is actually in direct contrast to what P99 has where before the revamp, Inny was dropping quest items far more frequesntly than what the mini bosses do.
Qft

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-16-2024, 01:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It is broken on p99, all the loots from innoruuk was moved to mini nameds to make them more available to more people

Quote from era: (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...98802407921501)
Quote:
"This is just fyi, Shovel of Ponz is the pre-50 earth focus, Mastery Staff is for 50+ pet spells. I looted it Friday night, my first (!) trip to Hate. It is MUCH easier to get now than it was, from all I have heard. Got 2 pieces Apothic also, off the mini-boss ). Good hunting all.

Forte Fortissimo
59 Conjurer
A`dileab de Paegen
Tunare"
Its insanely rare in p99 green, its so rare that there is a small cartel of elite players that lock the entire server out from getting the staff for their mages, not really a classic experience.

Back on live the hardest part about mage epic was always considered to be the illusive flying pegasus quillmane and the levitate cloak.

Before people come poke at me, yes i am a mage, yes i want my earth staff
Old 04-16-2024, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

That dude got Earth staff at 59 - that suggests good chance any 60 mage toon present either already had theirs or didn't feel it was enough of a choke point to worry about one going to a lower level mage.

The 59 mage also reports he hears post Inny the Earth staff is far easier to acquire (which his experience also maps to).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung