Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Swish is a social justice warrior now? Just when you think he could reach a new low, he comes around and surprises you. Should really stick to posting red recruitment threads.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish is a social justice warrior now? Just when you think he could reach a new low, he comes around and surprises you. Should really stick to posting red recruitment threads.
stay mad Samoht, you seem to be very good at that. I feel bad for your keyboard.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stay mad Samoht, you seem to be very good at that. I feel bad for your keyboard.
I laughed. And I genuinely do feel bad for a lot of keyboards.

This should not have been a 26 page thread.

Step away and think about the big picture. You are furiously posting on a video game forum like you have money or your health to lose over something going on here.

Breathe.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't read through all pages so not sure if it was said.

I also don't know the exact details of this even do I won't comment on that.

But I just wanted to clarify that it DOES say in the rules that you must "maintain a presence AT or NEAR the spawn you are camping". I can pull up the rule if you like, but it's right there under the play nice policy.

Again, don't know exactly how far away you were from the camp. But it's possible you were actually the cause of the entire debacle.
"You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp.'

WoW that took 30 secs. Yes you. You came unto the thread "derp I didn't read anything, no nothing about the situation, and am fuzzy on the server rules..but IMO..."
Old 07-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Banned

"You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it."

It occurred to me i should have included the part you were talking about -- which is when the camp is contested. And look, maybe I'm being over the top, but one of the peeves of my profession is people that go around spreading false information about the law. I guess that even includes p1999.

So in this situation: shaman comes to contest, they had to sit near the spawn to avoid him stealing the camp, then he tried to KS anyway.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

didn't read or watch
Old 07-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
watching that vid i can just feel all the nerd's heart rates rising as they are forced into a conflicting setting. the faint stench of onions as their pits grease up a fine sweat.
Chortled. Thx
Old 07-25-2015, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One, I never said I was fuzzy about the server rules.
No, I did.

Quote:
Two, no detailed specifics were given, such as how far away the person was from their camp, hence me not knowing the full details. I never said I wasn't aware of the situation.
Three, I said I didn't continue to read every single page of the thread to find out if someone posted my response."
I using a slight bit of hyperbole there. When you said: "Didn't read through all pages so not sure if it was said.," It gave me the impression you prob scanned the the first page and posted. This is something a lot of people do and it leads to unhelpful posts.

Quote:
Four, this wasn't a discussion about "claiming a camp while not being at the spawn", it was about owning a camp, leaving the spawn and coming back in time to kill it.

Five, taken directly from the PnP "In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead.".
This is your central point. It is completely wrong. You only need to be close/on the spawn if the camp is contested. Otherwise, you roam and exp while camping a rare spawn. Someone can't zone in, run to the camp where you aren't physically present (but were clearly farming) and claim the camp. They can force you to pick one if you are doing multiple camps.

Quote:
Six, just to make things clear on your supposition of claiming a camp, the above statement means it's literally impossible to claim a camp while not bring at the spawn.
See 5

Quote:
Get a clue about the rules before trying to lawyerquest me, and learn reading comprehension so you won't be almost entirely wrong about commenting on someone's post..
Considering you clearly didn't understand the quote from the server rules (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=132299), you have a lot of balls criticizing anyone's reading comprehension.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I see, the problem here is outdated information on the guidebook rules.

The last time I played (2011, 2012 maybe?) the thread you just linked didn't exist. It has a much broader clarification of the rules it seems.

So on that note I'll concede I was incorrect and apologize.

Takes bigger balls to apologize and admit to ignorance.
NP, I admit I was overly rude in my first post.
Closed Thread