Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Default An introduction and invitation

Greetings all. I have recently returned to the lands of Norrath after years of being lead astray with the promises of "next gen" and the lure of dazzling graphics. It was all a lie!

Modern MMOs have so thoroughly failed to deliver on the promise of improvements to the foundation that EQ established. There is such a lack of depth. So little challenge. Pitiful dungeons. Awful or non-existent community. No consequences. Little or no class interdependence. Lacking and uninteresting itemization. The foolish abandonment of the holy trinity and worst of all..the introduction of Dev-sanctioned RMT in the form of cash shops, "F2P" and other marketing asshattery. The MMO genre is in a sad and depressing state IMO.

All of this lead me to put my last MMO hopes into Pantheon but in the meantime I decided to rekindle my long lost love of EQ and so far I am having fun. The community has been great and I'm looking forward to gaining new class abilities (again) and accessing all the great leveling locations and dungeons from my fond EQ memories. Let the grind begin (again)!

I started EQ back in 1999 and played until around the time Omens of War released. I played a druid as my main but also had a max level Monk and Beastlord all with epics. I was GM and co-lead a casual raid guild on the Lanys T'Vyl server by the name of <Vita Infinita> and it was the most fun I have had in a video game by far. The teamwork. The drama. The feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. Rare to find in modern MMOs.

We were pretty successful even if we didn't get server firsts. We cleared all raid content through Plane of Time before we fizzled out in the Gates of Discord expansion and people started dispersing into other games like WoW and EQ2. I had high hopes that future MMOs would be like EQ only better. Little did I know we would instead end up with shit shows like Neverwinter.

So on to the invitation part. I have a couple friends I'm playing with but it would be nice to find others to add to my friends list for grouping up and doing dungeons or other adventures. Feel free to contact me in-game on one of the characters below if you are interested in grouping or whatever!
Old 05-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I remember your guild! I'm an old Lanys veteran too.. was in several guilds. Some I don't recall.. I was in Monarchy of the Dead for a bit. Chosen of Norrath, I believe was one. And of course, I founded my own little (still active!) guild, The Iocane Conspiracy.

Nice to see another Lanys refugee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arborum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember your guild! I'm an old Lanys veteran too.. was in several guilds. Some I don't recall.. I was in Monarchy of the Dead for a bit. Chosen of Norrath, I believe was one. And of course, I founded my own little (still active!) guild, The Iocane Conspiracy.

Nice to see another Lanys refugee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh nice! Always nice to see other Lanys peps. Lanys was a pretty good server I think. Had some legendary guilds on there (like Conquest) and some legendary drama as well. Met a lot of really cool people that I still talk with from that server. I remember MotD and CoN guilds as well. I think the old Lanys forums are still around even...though not as active as they once were.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Welcome. Look me up in game I got an alt you could level with later
Old 05-20-2016, 11:05 PM
Aviak

Welcome to p99.
Closed Thread