Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Default Could The Hole become a popular grouping spot?

KC is crowded, you think it could ever be possible for the hole to become a populated late 40s-mid 50s leveling spot if it got enough traction?
Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

I wish but the zone actually takes skill and plays out like a video game since you have to crawl through the zone. The player base here is too lazy to actually go places that have some challenge and would rather have the path of least resistance.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Don't bring attention to the hole. Only a handful of peoplle go and its a great spot.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

If we had a live-level population, sure!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

We're kinda close to that pop. It's got evil and good towns in close proximity to the dungeon and it's better exp than KC. Better potential loot, to an extent. It's slightly harder than KC while still being safer than Seb or HS. I think pushing for a move to the Hole would be a really good move for our legitimately leveling population. The real players, not the Chardok ezmode fiends.

Bring a rogue. Bring a porter. Have fun crawling.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-13-2015 at 11:47 PM..
Old 02-14-2015, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

but if the Hole is the new place I can't group with 3 paladins and 2 bards and grind out 3 blues of xp a day at lcy
Old 02-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Orc

The Hole is great, but the fact that you may need a key if you're not a spell caster makes it a turn-off, I think.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

I would love to join you on any hole dungeon crawls. I've pulled a lot of the zone and explored it extensively. I don't know every area of the zone, but I know a good enough majority to have a night full of a deep dungeon crawl. So message me if you ever need a monk! I'll be down. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a great zone, good exp, decent loot, fun, and never packed. I support this idea!
Old 02-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgazm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Hole is great, but the fact that you may need a key if you're not a spell caster makes it a turn-off, I think.
You have three options to enter the zone. Have a keyed character or a rogue to open the door. The last being having a DAed cleric jump down and have the rest of the group follow. Rez the dead and start much deeper. Having a porter to escape is a really good idea for emergencies and just in general making leaving less of a hassle. I'm sure many wizards and druids would appreciate having a chance to group for a change.

Actually four. I think small races and shrink pots will allow you to duck underneath the entry door.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-14-2015 at 12:43 AM..
Old 02-14-2015, 12:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have three options to enter the zone. Have a keyed character or a rogue to open the door. The last being having a DAed cleric jump down and have the rest of the group follow. Rez the dead and start much deeper. Having a porter to escape is a really good idea for emergencies and just in general making leaving less of a hassle. I'm sure many wizards and druids would appreciate having a chance to group for a change.

Actually four. I think small races and shrink pots will allow you to duck underneath the entry door.
Does shrinking down and repeat sit/crouching into the spaces not work here? Worked on Live when I shrunk my Barb down.