Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please say that's in game art [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Infact, I'm going to be very angry if that doesn't show up somewhere as a painting.
Maybe it's somewhere in Karanas during the plague?
Old 05-02-2019, 07:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
braknar died for this
Old 05-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Aviak

“A new experience begins October 2019”

The same old classic timeline doesn’t sound like a new experience to me, whatsoever.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock dru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off : I was never banned on any account. EVER.
Secondly : You never tanked anything, your name isnt even on Incognito's hotkey bar (all of the tanks names were - just reference the picture I posted of the AOW server first kill)
Third : Publicly accusing people of RMT is stickied to be against the rules.

So, you were saying? I still have the characters I created 7 years ago.... You must be thinking of Tune. Who is banned on over 18 accounts and just recently got suspended on Shelz and Rnap for dual boxing (Tune is the leader of the current zerg on red)....

Look in the group, who was there?
I was there for everything, first of everything, and the end of everything. First Vulak to the Sleeper.
#banhammer
Old 05-03-2019, 07:22 AM
Aviak

This may sound crazy, but if people remember, there was a point when new char models were introduced. It started with the cats and then eventually horses. If ya'll remember, they had the "option" of having new mod/horse "on" or "off," but eventually (somewhere in pop I believe) they put out a patch and the option of having old chars mods was gone and only new mods were supported. Since it's been nearly two decades since the permanent change, technically anything up to the permanent change could be considered classic. Perhaps Daybreak would not allow P99 to operate in that grey zone of classic and newer content, and now a "new experience" is announced after big meeting. Perhaps they will be allowed to expand some in content while the "New Experience" green server begins it's adventure.

I don't know...just really trying to think about what the team's goals are for fun, because creative minds become restless even when real life constantly calls. /shrug Just a thought. I mean isn't Rogean and Cavedude friends and all part of the same team/project? Isn't the entire Emulator their project? Just asking cause I never knew and I know PEQ go way up to like OOW. And if they are friends working same project much of the ground work is already laid. Just thinking... Any thoughts, facts, to help? Thanks.

And please be nice--don't troll meh. I'm asking sincere questions with best my memory can do at middle age! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ravax Runningwolf
Woodelf: Druid
60th Season
Tunare
Last edited by ravax; 05-03-2019 at 07:25 AM..
Old 05-03-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may sound crazy, but if people remember, there was a point when new char models were introduced. It started with the cats and then eventually horses. If ya'll remember, they had the "option" of having new mod/horse "on" or "off," but eventually (somewhere in pop I believe) they put out a patch and the option of having old chars mods was gone and only new mods were supported. Since it's been nearly two decades since the permanent change, technically anything up to the permanent change could be considered classic. Perhaps Daybreak would not allow P99 to operate in that grey zone of classic and newer content, and now a "new experience" is announced after big meeting. Perhaps they will be allowed to expand some in content while the "New Experience" green server begins it's adventure.

I don't know...just really trying to think about what the team's goals are for fun, because creative minds become restless even when real life constantly calls. /shrug Just a thought. I mean isn't Rogean and Cavedude friends and all part of the same team/project? Isn't the entire Emulator their project? Just asking cause I never knew and I know PEQ go way up to like OOW. And if they are friends working same project much of the ground work is already laid. Just thinking... Any thoughts, facts, to help? Thanks.

And please be nice--don't troll meh. I'm asking sincere questions with best my memory can do at middle age! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ravax Runningwolf
60th Season
Tunare
Project 1999 only going up to Velious has nothing to do with Daybreak, and everything to do with the people who've invested ten years in the project not liking cats on the moon.

Throughout those ten years those people (Rogean and Nilbog) have been very, very clear: P99 will never go to Luclin or beyond. Again, not because of Daybreak, but because they don't consider that part of their definition of "classic EQ".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Ravax has been here long enough to know that P99 has always been about Velious, since way before daybreak controlled Everquest.

I think saying 'we could go past Velious if it weren't for Daybreak' is a way to put up a false barrier for Luclin, so when it gets (easily) disproved it gives the opportunity to say 'see there is no reason not to go past Velious' all the while side-stepping the real reason p1999 has been limited to Velious all along.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:52 AM
Banned

Greens timing will be perfect. A clean run through a single cycle of content releases should align with Pantheon's release. I'm excited to get a 'reset' Blue at least until that point. Thanks for the hard work! Remember guys, this is a free project, always has been. That's decades of server costs, time spent updating/fixing bugs all for the players.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ravax Runningwolf
60th Season
Tunare
As has already been said many times, the p99 devs HATE the Luclin expansion with a passion, and the reason p99 will not expand past Velious has NOTHING to do with Daybreak or any other outside parties. The spires, the bazaar, AA's, the inflated gear, the lore, the new character models, horses, the whole "moon" concept... I could go on with more items. And I agree with this assessment, Luclin was a break from the original game, Kunark, and Velious.

But, that being said, is there anything about Luclin that is compatible with classic? The Vah Shir race seems ok in concept (the exact opposite of Iksars), the Beastlord (Warrior/Shaman hybrid) class seems in line with Rangers (Warrior/Druid) and Paladins (Warrior/Cleric), the zones OTHER than the Bazaar and Nexus could be fine if they were included as a separate continent on Norrath, reachable by boat, rather than the "moon."

If Green is a success (which I am sure that it will), and that becomes the pride and joy of the devs, could at some point the devs tweak Blue out of boredom with some custom content meant to be their vision of what the next expansion after Velious SHOULD HAVE BEEN, had Sony stayed true to the Classic vision? Curious if anyone has any opinions on that.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Banned

Do the Kerran's and Vah Shir have any relation in lore?! I support Odus cats, not moon cats!!!!
Closed Thread