Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 01:54 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dwarf. Don't question it. Just do it (they are sponsored by Nike).
100% true
Old 06-28-2019, 03:18 AM
Fire Giant

And u don't have to Think about choose gender, they look the same anyway :-)
Old 06-28-2019, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And u don't have to Think about choose gender, they look the same anyway :-)
I thought elves and dwarfs were the female and male option from the same race?
Old 06-28-2019, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

**Sorry for text wall..I never post, I'll work on not-text walling..**
Find what race fits your inner spirit animal...If there is indecision, do a trial run for an hour on 2 race candidates, and walk around city in barb & halfling warrior and see which feel you connect with. Don't choose for best stats, etc, warriors eventually end up with similiar items no matter the race eventually in the end anyways..so fashionquest/ spirit animal I agree, is paramount importance. Small races in brell religion have the best incentives from cultural armor.. 1 has sneak/hide, 1 has awesome clickies, 1 has best sum stats for good race + barrel roll. Woodelves/Darkelves are fun sometimes to go as dex builds and have fun benefits, along with Human/Barb eyepatch and look&feel of towns. Try out Qeynos atleast once if you've never done, worst case, you can get a port somewhere else.~~My first Warrior was small race Gnome, which i've enjoyed..dwarf next small race to try. Troll/Iksar/Ogre may have to work on rep a lil more to bank, but also come with great benefits. Its not too big of a deal, rep grind, after you have done a little research and have a plan set out.~~Warrior #2 was Ogre..which I liked as well, but want to try Iksar next of evil large. Figure out what starting city you like best, or what city you have never tried. Lots of quests people look over in starting cities that are still awesome, and really get you in the Lore/Look/Feel of being that race as a warrior.. (Ogre/Troll 50% reduc med 10slot bag, and early 2hers), (gnome city 6/20 ratio +2 stats 1hb by lvl 7, dwarves some great starting armor/weapon quests or drops near city)(gnome have super cheap toolboxes in windmill merchant (1g = 8slot giant)~saves you like 20plat*?* vs Large sewing kits to fill bank I think?)).
Barbarians are secluded from world mostly until 20; you can see it as a good thing, in a realm of their own in the tundra, or bad ~in which you port out lol. So, have a plan of either staying there or going somewhere else, i vote stay in Halas or even leveling in Erudin Warrens and especially Stonebrunt Mountains for totem farming is awesome and something rarely done (if you didn't know. all drops in stonebrunt are unable to get if they green out now...) can be fun/exploratory.
Don't forget that going the warrior religion instead of Agnostic will allow you later in Velious to instantly have amiable with Giant faction quest armors (believe its giants?)~[go warrior religion if not small race]~. .
Best wishes, ~Trys.

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Last edited by Randarn; 06-28-2019 at 01:41 PM..
Old 07-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Gnome Warrior is amazing during Veliois because of their Clockwork armor, specifically the 40% haste arms. But seeing as how you’re talking about green, that’s irrelevant. I’ve learned that no perk outweighs my love for fashion though, and if you don’t want to look like a Halfling, I promise that you’ll regret it later, regardless of how good their perks are. Iksar AC isn’t that important...on mobs in Velious who are level 70, AC barely affects mitigation. I’d go with Barbarian, it seems like that’s your ideal race, because you’re gonna be looking at this character for potentially years.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

Also, the clicky on the Clockwork arms is being understated. At 60, my Gnome Warrior’s clicky arms lasts over 20 minutes, so you’re looking at around 15 plat for an hour of 40% haste. It’s honestly amazing. Also, pick what race you want, even as a Gnome, I easily have 255 in every stat with just Shaman buffs. If you like DE or WE, then do it. I regret 90% of my race choices except for my Gnome Warrior, which I absolutely love. Not to mention they can wear robes, so I love running around in my red and blue guardian robe with red and blue epic
Closed Thread