Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar is just the min/max choice while barbs are better overall while levelling. In full end game gear they simply have that extra bit of AC which other races dont get, as you would already be capped with str/sta at that point and slam wont mean much
Old 07-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

I think people are overlooking the most important aspects here; hats!

Barbarians get polar bear heads and horned helmets for number 1

2 goes to iksar for their triceratops skull thing.

Trolls take third for their unidentifiable monsterskull.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Male iksar wear panty masks so clearly #1
Old 07-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any suggestions on which way to go and why?
Warrior is the only iksar class without FD or gate. If are you familiar with evil races this may not be a problem for you but if you have not played iksar before youll be hated everywhere with no way of escaping.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Kobold

Biggest drawback of Iksar is gear restrictions imo. It would get a lot better with Luclin, but we will never see it here. I don't recommend anyone roll and Iksar warrior without a full set of at least Thurg plate waiting for MQ.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Fungi + hp/ac rings + some decent weaps = you good till 40 on any melee
Old 07-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi + hp/ac rings + some decent weaps = you good till 40 on any melee
Yes, 60k in disposable plat to drop on twinkling any class is going to get you to well beyond 40.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who has levelled twinked warriors from level 1 to 40+ about 7 times on 7 different races, I can tell you that "trivially easy" is really a not very fair statement here. Hitting level 20 you kind have to fight with a two-handed weapon if you want to have solo-able DPS. Switching weapons from a 2HX to a 1HX+Shield and then bash is slightly more annoying than what I would call "trivial". Levelling my Troll warrior was definitely much easier than the Gnome or Dark Elf. Not only to interupt, but also for the very important Bash/Slam when the mobs starts running away at 20%hp or so and it'll go fetch the whole zone unless if you could only stun it 2 second. You have to move smart and stay in the hit box but at the same time switch your 2HX away for a 1HX, then add a Shield, then hit your Bash hotkey
Sorry, but leveling a troll war is not easier than a gnome due to bash, which is totally trumped by the gnome being able to 40% haste themselves.

Many people don’t realize this, OP if you didn’t know gnome war/cleric can 40% spell haste themselves which stacks with your worn haste with the clockwork armor. Not to mention it also comes with dex and str buffs that will put them above any wars dex and equal to dwarf/almost barb str. This puts them ahead of any other race by far from a solo perspective. And there’s not always gonna be a 44+ shaman or enchanter In your group.

If you know this, and still don’t care, then I’d for sure go iksar. Regen, ac, and just look badass in velious plate. There’s a 2hs animation fix as well. Barbs have slam which is nice but doesn’t outweigh iksar regen/ac imo.
Last edited by Crede; 07-10-2019 at 03:45 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Crede how expensive/sustainable did you find maintaining your haste click while levelling your gnome warrior?
Old 07-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crede how expensive/sustainable did you find maintaining your haste click while levelling your gnome warrior?
I had no issues, but it all depends on your budget. I think I spent 2-3k on mana batteries and was good until level 50. For a solo warrior build, this isn't a lot of money. Maybe 200pp/hour or so to keep yourself hasted? Didn't get too technical with it. You should be gaining back at least half of that by normal solo looting in the 30s. I was also clicking str/dex which last an hour each, those are very sustainable.
Closed Thread