Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default What to play.

Ive always played a healer. Dwarf / Halfling cleric. but will i get groups are there still people around playing.. or should i play a druid for soloing and easier way to collect money.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeganitreel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive always played a healer. Dwarf / Halfling cleric. but will i get groups are there still people around playing.. or should i play a druid for soloing and easier way to collect money.
Yes people still group, granted you will find many a uber twink hogging camps also. But for the most part yes, groups are out there. I will say this healers aren't all that "rare", if anything I see fewer tanks but that's very subjective.

Also US prime time popular zones will tend to be packed, and finding space in a group will often be difficult no matter what class you play honestly. This may change in a couple of months, with the launch of the green server.

If you have your heart set on a cleric, then you should play one. But maybe have a solo friendly alt that you can switch too.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric will always be wanted in groups. 50+ is when you want to find enchanters/necros to duo charm with which will trump group xp(honorable mention for duoing with druids in certain situations, but they can't weaponize their animal pets so it's not quite as effective).

So you have some pretty good options. But it won't be faster than just straight up playing a druid and getting solo xp. Really depends, do you lean more towards groups? Go cleric/shaman. Do you want to solo more for faster xp, and only be wanted in groups when a cleric/shaman isn't around? Play druid. You'll be loved eventually this way, when you can charm dogs in chardok 55+.

If you don't have to play a healer, enchanter is the best overall leveling class in any solo/group composition. Bards are great soloers and good groupers, but aren't as desired in a group as an enchanter.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you have some pretty good options. But it won't be faster than just straight up playing a druid and getting solo xp.
I do not agree with this statement. Especially as a halfling cleric. If you go to the right zones, make some friends, and are a good enough healer that your group rarely dies you can way outpace a druid. Take a look at the zem list, ignore Befallen and Kaesora because they will always be empty, and just go to the highest ZEM for your level range. This will be placed like Crushbone, Unrest, Sol A, Mistmoore, HHK, CoM and Guk. Stay grouped, aggressively recruit replacements, and if you find a player that is good, and clearly a geared alt ask who their main is so you can drop them a tell if you have an opening you need to fill.

Once you get CH on a cleric dupe some friends into helping you with your Seb key and just cruise Velks and KC with an LFG tag up. You will be 60 while the guy who rolled a druid is 52 and on his 5th alt because quadding sucks and people find any excuse to stop.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not agree with this statement. Especially as a halfling cleric. If you go to the right zones, make some friends, and are a good enough healer that your group rarely dies you can way outpace a druid. Take a look at the zem list, ignore Befallen and Kaesora because they will always be empty, and just go to the highest ZEM for your level range. This will be placed like Crushbone, Unrest, Sol A, Mistmoore, HHK, CoM and Guk. Stay grouped, aggressively recruit replacements, and if you find a player that is good, and clearly a geared alt ask who their main is so you can drop them a tell if you have an opening you need to fill.

Once you get CH on a cleric dupe some friends into helping you with your Seb key and just cruise Velks and KC with an LFG tag up. You will be 60 while the guy who rolled a druid is 52 and on his 5th alt because quadding sucks and people find any excuse to stop.
No.

You obviously have no idea how to charm, because this will blow away group xp 100% of the time. Learn how to druid before you talk bro.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

You obviously have no idea how to charm, because this will blow away group xp 100% of the time. Learn how to druid before you talk bro.
You are right, the three different enchanters i have leveled to max and raided through elemental planes with on multiple servers has given me zero charming experience.

You are right though, I have never played a druid because druids live a miserable existence of soloing, porting, buffing and powerleveling, none of which do they even do better than someone else does.

OP roll your cleric, especially if you have played one before and enjoy it. There are plenty of groups, plenty of people to meet, and plenty of helping hands out there for a new player. Don't roll a druid and sit, alone, in the dark, fending off port tells all day just because misery loves company and druids beget more druids whenever they can.

*edit* first post was unfairly hostile towards druids, and I felt bad. Mostly cus they rolled a druid.
Last edited by Halfcell; 07-13-2019 at 03:29 AM..
Old 07-13-2019, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't roll a druid and sit, alone, in the dark, fending off port tells all day just because misery loves company and druids beget more druids whenever they can.
Protip: You can sit alone in the dark without fending off port tells if you use /anon or /role
Old 07-13-2019, 11:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:

Unless he's twinked out like 99% of all low level characters, he will never be "good enough". And unless he shows up before prime time, chances are that popular zone that's going to have the people to group with will be over flowing.
Not saying he wont / cant get groups, but chances you will get a group every time you log in is just a lie. Parked my cleric many a time, because of this. And no amount of friends will help you conjure up groups.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:43 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeganitreel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Learn your spells, do your best, people especially the tanks will remember you, then easier to get group invites.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
If you want to heal, then by all means play the cleric.

Plenty of people leveling. Stick to the busy zones or make your own groups.

Also, find and make friends with enchanters. Insanely strong duo.
Closed Thread