Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 01:28 AM
Large Rat

I'd recommend finding a friend for transfer. I have dropped 100% successfully in the past. You just have to be smart and mind your load times. Most of us load in seconds nowadays, so no problem there.

If you do drop, just make sure the immediate area is currently abandoned by players.
Also, be wary that some NPCs might pick up your stuff if they wander close enough.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you let me know what spot you use so I know where is a good spot to ground transfer?
Just do it right in the tunnel. Everyone gonna assume its some fishing grubs some forager dropped.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

If I couldn't find a guildie, I'd ask one of the "Dial a Port" folks. They were always willing and honest.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Just ask someone rich enough so you know he won't risk his account to steal your stuff.

And I wouldn't tip for a transfer it's hard enough to move gear between toons no one will ever be mad about not geting a tip for that.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Ground xfer is simple and safe provided the server isn't unstable. There's a million spots in EQ where you can safely transfer and you never have to go far to get to them, whether it be in water in West Karana or wedged in between two trees in a noob zone. Well, I wouldn't recommend noob zones for green obviously, but behind a dresser in some random useless inn room in Freeport for example is pretty safe even then.

I've xfer'd 100k+ items in the tunnel before and never lost anything. Just don't be stupid about it. Like xferring items in the tunnel. I never said it was a good idea, but if you're invis and drop it right before you log out there is a very short window to nab it.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:48 PM
Banned

i am newand figured i would farm bone chips you think its safe to throw them on the ground stack at a time should i put in a bag? Does it matter?
Old 07-17-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you like to gamble with no chance to win, a chance to break even, but a large chance at loss, go ahead and ground transfer. If you DC in the middle take >5 mins to log back in, poof items gone and GM's wont restore. If your secret spot isnt so secret and someone picks the item up, its free game and GM's wont restore (the moment you ground drop or vendor an item it is FFA).

Just find someone to transfer. Ideally a friend or guildie, but often a lvl 60 from a raiding guild will do it just fine. If you want, you can toss them a few plat for their time.
Asking someone to transfer is just as much, if not more, of a risk than ground transferring IMO.

Just be smart about ground transferring and you will be fine. I guess if you are paranoid have a charged laptop nearby and a phone for an impromptu internet connection in case the power goes out.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

No, its not. If there is a player agreement, i.e. you ask someone to transfer and they reply yes, GM's will enforce it. Not to mention reputable raid guild characters arent gonna risk blacklists for your items.
Closed Thread