Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

the game was insanely fun and awesome when released, but now its a piece of shit. great idea and great core mechanics.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Core Mechanic: Harvesting cotton while singing negro spirituals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFWCihi7f-Y
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 10-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Banned

Terrible.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to all you naysayers that didn't think DF:UW would be great. The skill level in the pvp in this game far exceeds anything you'd expect out of P99 red, its brutal, unforgiving, and quite the an adrenaline rush. Keep in mind, this game is full loot upon death, with aim targeted (not tab targeting) the first 2 fights are duels, which are boring but the rest of the video displays everything the game is about (group combat, large scale) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96JN...ature=youtu.be
Can I have ur red gear?
Old 10-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Core Mechanic: Harvesting cotton while singing negro spirituals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFWCihi7f-Y
lold
Old 10-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you do roll an op melee, make sure you run mining bots for all the ingots you will need. Trade skills are essentially mandatory in the game.
My plan is to gank some harvesters for them hehe

Pulled an all nighter tonight, fun as fuck really. Ran around the map with guildies collecting sets of armor that i pile up in the bank for my PVP sessions and trying out various camps. The FPS style of play makes it hard to go back to tab target afterwards, feels too retro. Always that tension when you loot something nice to have to reach the bank with it, like happened to me earlier today when i got a rare pirate boat spawner drop.

Earlier in the evening, found a player village with a keep housing. No one in sight. Entered, a slot machine in a corner.

I win 8k gold, wtf loolololol

2 geared guys run in and gank the baited hard, i lose all my new found riches

end of that story
Last edited by Tradesonred; 10-21-2013 at 07:15 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Banned

I played this game when it came out, initially it was fun and I was really impressed with the mechanics and idea of the game. FOUND SOMEONE ON A BOAT FISHING ON THE BOAT I BUILT? HIJACK HIS BOAT AND STEAL HOURS OF HIS TIME AWAY FROM HIM, FUNNNNNN!

Fast forward a week and I've un-installed. The game area is way too large for the sparse number of players. You find yourself traveling for 30 minutes just to die and have to start back 30 minutes away. Grinding in that game makes EQ look like WoW.

Maybe if I could play at work and just harvest all day this game would be viable, but unless you have unlimited time to harvest and grind while doing something else this game is total shit.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Darkfall was/is one of the worst games ever made, do not waste a second of your life on this steaming pile of shit.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You find yourself traveling for 30 minutes just to die and have to start back 30 minutes away.
Sounds familiar...
Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

its def more hardcore than eq pvp.

If any of you are truly interested in trying it out pm me and I'll hook you up in game.