Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Angry Joe is liking the PvP just like I knew he would:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82pz60iGL0

Funny how he went from "This game sucks" to "OMG IM PLAYING THIS GAME NOW"

Yup everyone will come play teso eventually.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Funnier how some people are now accusing him of being a shill for liking the game. One person actually said

Quote:
No way that's your opinion, Joe. Doesn't sound like you truly believed it, more like they put $ on the table. I'll go with the comments here: this looks terrible.
It's like they're so prejudiced against the game for whatever reason they can't fathom that a reviewer would like it. It has to be because they're paid because why else would a reviewer disagree with them?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funnier how some people are now accusing him of being a shill for liking the game. One person actually said

It's like they're so prejudiced against the game for whatever reason they can't fathom that a reviewer would like it. It has to be because they're paid because why else would a reviewer disagree with them?
It's the interwebs man...its where every spineless douche bag comes to shit all over what other people like, because they can, with no repercussions.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Funny, for me EQ was the one game I didn't want to reach the end game in. I just kept making new characters. The early levels were the most fun; the end game felt like a chore and sometimes a job requiring me to schedule time for. I no longer had the freedom to log in whenever I wanted and get things done in game and so low levels were what I played.
Nice comments.

A lot of what you say is tied to grouping or guilds.

Have you played ESO or what?? I wonder how friendly its grouping system is. For example, how hard is it to get a group going? What happens if someone AFK's or isn't the right level or is gimp?

If games could make grouping more convenient like soloing it'd be a lot better.

One bad experience I had was in Dungeons and Dragons Online. Soloing was ok. But the moment I grouped I was forced to rush through places and really not knowing WTF is going on. At the end of it, you'd get your experience and rewards, but you'd be like WTF just happened? The problem is I could play at my own pace when soloing and enjoy it, but in groups everybody rushed and I couldn't stay interested. This is where single player games are just better. You play at your own pace and can smell the roses.

BTW I did have the chance to enjoy SMALL groups a few times, especially if they were new like me. They didn't rush as much. So we kind of figured things out together and I got to really feel like I was there. Smaller groups in general will move slower which allowed me to take in everytyhing better.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 02-15-2014 at 12:28 AM..
Old 02-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Large Rat

I've been a beta tester for the game for the past 8 months or so. Haven't been able to stay interested in playing it. I've tried about four times now, and I just can't play past level 10. It's boring and really shallow. I was in early closed beta for GW2 as well, and I didn't like it from the beginning either. I figured people would be enamored by it initially, but quickly lose interest, and that was largely what happened. I think similar with happen with ESO, but maybe I'll be wrong.

I've also been in Wildstar beta for the last year and don't like it either (do I like any game? lol), but at least that game has been fairly transparent with their development, so I think people know more of what to expect than with ESO.
Last edited by Catilyn; 02-15-2014 at 12:54 AM..
Old 02-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Banned

In MMOs I'm always in the middle of the pack. I'm usually in the middle on the dps charts. I'm very average in PvP.

I show up to the group on time. I have pots. I pay attention. I'm friendly. I learn encounters. I usually don't stand in the fire.

What I like about ESO is that it seems like a win is a win and no 28 year old virgin is going to parsing me afterword and suggesting I pick up this talent over that one.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice comments.

A lot of what you say is tied to grouping or guilds.

Have you played ESO or what?? I wonder how friendly its grouping system is. For example, how hard is it to get a group going? What happens if someone AFK's or isn't the right level or is gimp?

If games could make grouping more convenient like soloing it'd be a lot better.
I've been testing ESO yeah but I haven't grouped. There's no real need to at the lower levels, but you do have to group to do some of the dungeons.

In EQ I wound up preferring to solo when I could, partly because spending time lfg was annoying and partly because even though guilds helped with grouping it was equally annoying to have to schedule time to play because of a scheduled raid or whatever (this is not unique to EQ. Every MMO so far has been like this). No way will I EVER schedule specific times to play a videogame. If I have time and feel like it I'll play. I'm not going to schedule time to play at 9 PM PST to raid a dungeon with the guild; if I'm on I'm on and if not oh well. Maybe I just want to watch TV then or want to play something else.

I like the freedom to do what I want and go AFK when I want. Can't do that so easily when you're always required to group or certain content has set times you have to be there for. Then it starts interfering with real life, even if only in a small way.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

The NDA was lifted today. Here's a nifty album from r/elderscrollsonline:

http://imgur.com/a/rU0d1#0
Old 02-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Default Elder Scrolls Online...?

Anyone from this neck of the woods planning on playing ESO?

I played the beta for a good while and it is fun; The reactive combat is really cool, and the way they did the voice acting is really immersive. It's a good change from modern day mmo's and the direction is similiar but different enough from (awful) games like wow.

Couple of friends and I just wanted to see if we had any interest over here in getting together for a friendly guild over there? Always better to have some people you know to game with :P
Old 02-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Kobold

Dungeons look to easy, also not a big fan of 4 man groups
Closed Thread