Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Kobold

My old server, after many issues with my guild and the other raiding guild in Vex Thal, the GMs forced us to come up with a solution. Take into consideration, it was only two guilds competing for the cutting edge raid targets, so I'm not sure how well this would work.

Pretty much it's simple, do a lottery for each raid target to determine your position. As soon as another guild is deemed capable, or wishes to attempt, they are added to the back of the list. If a raid target spawns, whatever guild is "up" has 24 hours to engage and kill. Time modification may need to be adjusted, but 24 hours helps euro guilds or even US guilds if the spawns are occuring more on euro or even aussie times. Pretty much, when a target spawns, its within the rival guilds interest to make a post(maybe create a subforum) to get a timestamp. As soon as that timer hits 24 hours, it doesn't matter if they just wiped, its open target and if two guilds are there waiting, it goes to the guild who is next on list - or - in the case of multiple guilds, maybe even the guild whos member called the target had spawned.

Lot of issues I know, but a rotation imo seems to be the only way to end the nonstop camping.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Triathalon lololol
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DUMB Idea. Are you KIDDING ME?

what if its too cloudy and you cant see the first new moon??
Spud brings up a very good point. We need some sort of action plan to counter this. Each guild needs to select 1 member from each time zone that they can. Then we put this group of players into what we would call The Moon Watchers. These Moon Watchers can then communicate with each other via cellular telephone in order to keep track of exactly what the moon is doing at all times. Once a consensus has been made, they would report that information to their respective guild leaders who would then hold a vote to decide if the Moon Watchers are actually correct.

Other than that, it's a pretty good plan. (No I didn't actually bother to read it.)
Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

wow it's true poopsocking drives one insane
Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the number of remaining guilds is even, a GM must be called to the zone to judge a in-game triathlon consisting of a swim across Lake Rathe, a run across North Karana, and backwards run from North Karana to the Druid Rings. Players will be awarded position in the raid rotation based on the position in which they finish the race.
Excellent idea!! But, may I make a suggestion: a drunken backwards run.

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spud brings up a very good point. We need some sort of action plan to counter this. Each guild needs to select 1 member from each time zone that they can. Then we put this group of players into what we would call The Moon Watchers.
Isn't this sort of thinking EXACTLY what lead to Luclin???

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm wondering when someone is going to come in and try to shoot it down because they don't get the joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow it's true poopsocking drives one insane
Apparently, Soup, not very long at all.

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Alternative: each guild has one champion in the Arena, bound somewhere else, with one referree/judge in zone and no one else. When ref says go, FFA killing amongst champions til one remains. Guilds may then choose that days reserved targets in reverse order of deaths. Guilds that don't engage spawns within 30 mins forfeits their mob to top champions guild. Repeat daily. Easy peasy!

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Make all high level zones FFA PvP. Problem solved. You can thank me later.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DUMB Idea. Are you KIDDING ME?

what if its too cloudy and you cant see the first new moon??
As opposed to when it's not cloudy and you can see a new moon? O_o
Closed Thread