Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah_b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has nothing to do with making you suffer. It has everything to do with available resources.

I am 100% against dev taking any time at all away from working on needed development for this.

I don't think anyone is against having options, but like other aesthetic things if you want it you develop it.

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
It has nothing to do with making you suffer. It has everything to do with available resources.

I am 100% against dev taking any time at all away from working on needed development for this.

I don't think anyone is against having options, but like other aesthetic things if you want it you develop it.
I agree 100%. I certainly wouldn't want this to budge in line of anything else. If the decision was made to place this at the very bottom of the list of 'to do's', but that it WOULD be done eventually, that would be a monumental success for the folks who want this.

I wouldn't dream of taking away time for the issues already pending. I hope that wasn't influencing people's decisions.

Approve this change, send it to the BOTTOM of the list, it'll be done one day, when they have time.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

There are so many more important things the devs can be working on that involve more than just visual aesthetics.

Wasting time to bring in models from an expansion that isn't even planned to be released on this server is like a slap in the face. "Sure I could be spending this time working on stuff that needs to be fixed, or starting to prepare to fix things in Kunark for however many months away it will be released, but Luclin models for a few people who prefer them is more urgent."

Yes I know I don't have to turn them on. Honestly I thought they were working, I just didn't care. But to even ask for this to be implemented over the things that actually effect gameplay shows (to me) how little you value the Dev team's time.

edit: someone beat me to it.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will NOT decide anything. This is to gauge interest in having Luclin models available.

I gave my opinion in another thread, which provoked some responses. Here is my opinion. :P

Do you believe that Luclin character models should be available for Project 1999?
I just want to ask out of curiosity, why do polls at all if the opinion of the community means nothing? We could all vote 99%-1% in favor of something and if the devs disagree with the results you'll do what you want anyway so isn't a waste to even ask us what we want?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I personally do not like the luclin models (caveat: the male barbarian isn't awful) but this is a personal preference. When they were released I remember thinking "how could this garbage have been passed through?". Not that the classic models are monuments to design, I'm not saying that, it was just very underwhelming and bordered on comical how ridiculous the vast majority of the models appeared to me.
That said, I wouldnt quit if they were enabled and if given the choice lots of folks would enable them simply for the armor varieties. I stand firmly on the fence!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to ask out of curiosity, why do polls at all if the opinion of the community means nothing? We could all vote 99%-1% in favor of something and you'll do what you want anyway so isn't a waste to even ask us what we want?
Well, we generally DO want to know how folks feel about it. Even though the care-o-meter might actually be next to 0 due to game impact, general balance, or just plain old curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Aviak

The bottom line is there NEVER will be an appropriate time. If we don't vote it in now and get it into the pending list, it'll NEVER happen. Temple of Sol Ro is coming in 4/5/6 months and they need to focus on that, as well as current stuff.

That said, if we 'wait' for Temple of Sol Ro, then well also have to wait for kunark, then wait for velious...

These change the entire visual experience from beginning to end for some players, enabling them after velious when they would have come out is senseless, the game is over, classic experience = gone.

Approve this change, do NOT implement or work on them right away. Get your priorty stuff done. This is just to add it to the list so it CAN happen one day. Else it'll honestly never, ever happen.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
I just want to ask out of curiosity, why do polls at all if the opinion of the community means nothing? We could all vote 99%-1% in favor of something and if the devs disagree with the results you'll do what you want anyway so isn't a waste to even ask us what we want?
Wow. Yeah I guess I'll stop wasting my time on this.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

"Honestly I thought they were working"

Same here. It hadn't even occurred to me that they might not work on P1999 until someone mentioned it in another thread. I have zero interest in using them personally and had not even tried to (I actually turned them all off when I installed Titanium on the assumption that they worked). Funny stuff!

Danth
Old 12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Damnit why do you sign forum posts they already have your fing user name aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Closed Thread