Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 11:01 PM
Banned

Default Been years (3.5 exact) since I played blue but could you guys expain this (gif image)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

dis the new guild-leader wars? bit of history plz
Old 04-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Only 11 dropped prior to the sleeper being released on 1/31/2016.
Warriors that received dropped Sceptres: Kegluas (2), Meefus (2), Calrizien (2), Swage, Cucumbers (pictured), Mardur, Briefs, Celatus
Warriors without Sceptres: Detoxx
Old 04-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

dis the new guild-leader wars? bit of history plz
Basically the leader of Aftermath (Detoxx) got super buttmad that Rampage woke the sleeper before he got a weapon that doesn't drop anymore (SoD) and he's super easy to rile up and make fun of so people that have the weapon like to rib him about it.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Did he really or are people just saying that? Would be totally understandable.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Rampage woke the sleeper. Ruining Velious for everyone on blue.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:14 AM
Banned

For a non BS answer:

Rampage was indisputably the number 1 guild when Velious launched. The entire history of this server is mostly 1 guild monopolies overtaking each other. That being said, Rampage looked particularly impossible because they had an extremely well organized raid force full of hardcore players.

Detoxx started another raid guild to challenge Rampage, named Forsaken. They had some success at first, but predictable problems set in. Most people that really want pixils are bandwagoners by nature. They stack on the guild that's most powerful -- uninterested in the possible benefits of being a core member of rising guild (risk payoff). Thus, Forsaken bleed members to Rampage because they were getting the biggest targets and most dragons.

Then a "casual guild" named Asgard (a lot of the core wasn't casual) teamed with Forsaken, so both had the numbers to challenge Rampage. At this point the Rampage core was burning out a bit (the leadership had a history of this); by contrast, Forsaken and Asgard had been cockblocked all Velious and were hungry. We (Forsaken/Asgard) begain to win...A lot.

After something like our 4th out 6 Vulaks, and we downed 2 out 3 warders in ST, the Rampage leadership had enough. They called a sleeper raid to block Detoxx (mostly) from getting Sceptor of Destuction. This is a BiS warrior item I'm pretty sure, and there were other BiS items no one but Rampage had, that no longer drop.

The guild leader of Rampage was named Hokushin, and the gif is him flipping Detoxx off with two Scepters of Destruction...I think at least...could be a reference to some Iksar warrior I'm unfamilar with. The msg are a reference to Detoxx's tendency to get irate when he thought Hoku was trying to pull on over on him over some lawyerquest bs (which is did and attempted to do multiple times).

Now Forsaken and Asgard merged into Aftermath, with the casual holdouts staying in Asgard. Detoxx ran Hoku off the server (the second time), but Hoku did awake the sleeper, deny him gear, and now claims to have won Velious...or at least I'm sure he sees it that way.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rampage woke the sleeper. Ruining Velious for everyone on blue.
I don't care, just sad

1) I didn't get to be eaten by sleeper due to bugged rampage.

2) there wasn't a serverwide zerg attempt on the sleeper Zek style.

Killing the sleeper would have been the only 'meaningful' 'server first'.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:30 AM
Banned

I almost forgot the best part, the Vulak we killed that week dropped the BiS monk fist, Gharn's Rock of Smashing. Despite all the time Huko put in, it never dropped until then. The incident is portrayed in this documentary footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0AEaNhz8aU
Old 04-29-2016, 03:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care, just sad

1) I didn't get to be eaten by sleeper due to bugged rampage.

2) there wasn't a serverwide zerg attempt on the sleeper Zek style.

Killing the sleeper would have been the only 'meaningful' 'server first'.
You need keys to get in there, we still had limited amounts at the time, because rampage generally aggressively prioritized keys to block us from the zone.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

I'm a little fuzzy on when specifics happened,. was fat before or during this with forsaken and asgard?

I recall some kinda drama about that, then it died down and idk
Closed Thread