Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 09:24 PM
Skeleton

Default Brown Chitin Protector

Get over it, its not worth 2kpp.

Thats all. Thats the post.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:22 AM
Sarnak

Plate look on a druid, thats an easy 5k.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

I mean, BCP and black chitin legs are top tier druid fashion, but when the chest is only equipable by one class, I don't see it going for that price. Especially considering it gives you 0 mana.

It's a 500p-1k tops item imo
Old 03-31-2020, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

Pre kunark is the time for a druid to be the most drop dead sexy class in the game. They were such powerful classes in 1999 offering so much for us bad newbie players to just completely dominate this era of the game with.

But on top of their clearly OP in game mechanics, items like the Brown Chitten Protector and Black Chitten legs, efreeti boots and mithral bracers, gave them the plate graphic that warriors were longing for while they were stuck still wearing leather and banded all the way to 50 because they couldn't even kill a wandering goblin by themselves.

It was actually quite an issue, the spread of plate graphics to non plate classes really riled up a lot of players. I personally thought it was EQ's strong-suit, but the majority ruled and designed out plate graphics for non plate classes as much as they could, and it even went all the way to Vanguard where they made a big point in that game about making druids only able to wear cloth.

A decision that frustrated me because when I played vanguard I thought "Im gonna win because Im gonna play a druid because they are super OP in MMOs"... WRONG! They sucked in vanguard, rubber banded to useless, all because of how upset players were over this item that OP thinks is over priced.

The community here needs to respect the prices of the past! That breastplate belongs in a museum!
Closed Thread