Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

At one point Rogean *was* working on getting chat channels working.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

i dislike pretty much everything about EC. I guess I prefer the exploration and discovery aspect to MMOs and generally trading just gets in the way of it. I would much rather have a bazaar or AH instead of the current system.

Failing that, I would definitely not be in favor of a system that endorsed the haggle barons we have today in EC. It's not something that I, or many players would choose to take advantage of. If they want to do it, fine, but they shouldn't be able to do it while they're grouped with me, dividing their attention. I have to devote my whole attention to my current task, they should also.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Aviak

I wish two boxing was allowed, then I wouldnt have to bug my other half to have eq open in the background when I play while she's doing stuff on her computer =P

Also, Im gonna have to say no to global channels. I prefer the feeling of being "alone" when Im out far away with no one else in the zone to shout at. Global channels diminish the "size" of the world by always being connected to everyone else. Guild/group channels are somewhat different due to the size of your guild; it could be busy or empty.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by druziil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time management is an important part of classic EQ. This would break the game. As another poster mentioned people would be toggling and not pay atention to their group. Essentialy you would be instituting a bazaar with anon afk sell bots.
Which is why I was not pleased to hear they are going to allow you to play on blue99 and red99 at the same time.

XPing on your red99 toon and alt tabbing to your trader every now and then to spam some auction lines in EC along with the other 200 people doing the same thing.

Or even better, camp your raid mob with your afk guild while you are really all playing on red99. Its gonna take poop socking on blue to a whole NEW level. joy
Old 09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is why I was not pleased to hear they are going to allow you to play on blue99 and red99 at the same time.

XPing on your red99 toon and alt tabbing to your trader every now and then to spam some auction lines in EC along with the other 200 people doing the same thing.

Or even better, camp your raid mob with your afk guild while you are really all playing on red99. Its gonna take poop socking on blue to a whole NEW level. joy
omg, not classic!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Global chat? Do you really want to have to listen to Armani rant about red99 while xping in Seb?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Might as well put in the bazaar. Aaannnddd.. No.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

I don't know, I think some of the things I missed the most about live are the global chat channels and the shared bank slots. No more crying over someone stealing your loot with shared bank.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidrata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Im gonna have to say no to global channels. I prefer the feeling of being "alone" when Im out far away with no one else in the zone to shout at. Global channels diminish the "size" of the world by always being connected to everyone else. Guild/group channels are somewhat different due to the size of your guild; it could be busy or empty.
Even in an opt in/out situation? You can still feel alone by just not joining them...
Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is the very reason you stated for having it: multiple facets of the game can be played at the same time. It doesn't matter if that means one character is healing or tanking or selling or tradeskilling - two unrelated things are happening at the same time.

Think back to when /ooc was global. People sold things from every zone and when you went to buy something you just ran to wherever they are and bought it (or they would port to a bank and then go back to xping). There was no specific role of a character as you could do it all.

Besides, if you have two clients open where one requires you to watch text for items you want to buy or sell and the other requires you to be focused on pulling/killing/healing... someone is going to think they can multitask when they can't. I don't want to be in a group with someone who isn't paying attention.
Healing and tanking are totally related, but I see what you're saying and totally agree.