Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Large Bat

A potential way to do it would be to allow specific accounts as 'box' accounts. The accounts would automatically work around the IP restrictions, but any character created on the account would be unable to obtain any experience. All characters would be permanently level 1. Thus, they could be used for item transfers (avoiding the "Soandso ripped me off!" petitions/threads) and, if you're willing to run them out there, EC mules. (Though the EC Mules would end in hilarity/tragedy when someone inevitably trains a skeleton through the tunnel)

I understand the admins not wanting it, though. Fostering community through trust. Finding someone responsible who won't rip you off when twinking an alt is part of getting to know the people on the server. If I was going to all the trouble of getting my precious stacks of spider silk off Kunark to my tailor, I would spend time to find someone who is less likely to destroy them and laugh at me.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Is there a problem currently that needs fixing? Why not just keep things the way they are? I like that idea.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

One aspect that I don't believe has been discussed in this thread is the fact that a lot of people don't like to spend their active time trading.

This means that if they have stuff to sell they will go to the tunnel and sell at rock bottom prices if they have to (much to the pleasure of people who do the buy low sell high thing) so that they can go back to xp'ing or tradeskilling or whatever other activity they prefer.

People who also don't play during prime time hours and go buy/sell during low times also have to deal with a different economy, sometimes they will settle on buying lesser items instead of BiS because that is all that is available.

These are classic pressures on the EQ-nomy that all died when the bazaar went live, and that I think would be very detrimental to p99 if this type of change were implemented.

Being only able to interact through one character at any given time breathes life into many aspects of the game and greatly enhances player immersion. Dismissing its impact and trying to erode it through exemptions of any kind will only bring about the game's downfall; an unforeseen lesson harshly displayed in the real game's expansions.

'Stuce
Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Aviak

way i look at it is its not fair to those who do not wish to box and have to travel to EC personal to buy and sell. being allowed to box a trader would give that player an extra edge over the market, so i can see why it would not be allowed.

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Sarnak

We'd have 600 people sitting in EC just blindly spamming a WTS/WTB macro every thirty seconds and not responding to tells a lot of the time because the spam would flood it out or they were busy playing the game on the other account. Use the trade forum if you don't want to sit in EC being an actual trader.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Banned

I think just bring back global Auctioning, i mean you can turn off auction if you didnt want to get spammed by it. Since the new red p99 launching, the p99 blue pop avg dropping around the 300-500 mark at peak time. Originally the global auction was switched off because we were breaking the 500 bracket avg.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8047

But now that the server seems to be less and less populated wouldnt it be variable to turn it back on. I think a poll like before would agree having it back isn't a bad idea.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Banned

EC is a waste of time and it sucks dick.

Any improvements are welcome.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenlina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think just bring back global Auctioning, i mean you can turn off auction if you didnt want to get spammed by it. Since the new red p99 launching, the p99 blue pop avg dropping around the 300-500 mark at peak time. Originally the global auction was switched off because we were breaking the 500 bracket avg.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8047

But now that the server seems to be less and less populated wouldnt it be variable to turn it back on. I think a poll like before would agree having it back isn't a bad idea.
There have been atleast 700+ the last 2 weeks during east coast peak times.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Default .

This sounds like a nightmare for staff to deal with.

big no here
Closed Thread