Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 01:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Fairly new player looking for guidance

Hey

I have started on Green with my brother. The only issue is he is fairly busy and can't play as much as me. I rolled an erudite cleric as an alt. I am generally savvy with modern mmo's but this is a learning curve for me.

I suppose I need general advice regarding leveling and finding groups to grind with. My discord is Nasku#8197 and my in game name is Naesku

Thanks
Old 01-01-2022, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

Welcome. Tbh you probably want to roll a good solo alt for when your bro isn't around, so Necro, Druid, Shaman, Mage or Enchanter. All have their strengths and drawbacks. It is possible to solo as a cleric, but not optimal. What classes do you have for your duo with your bro?

Can't really advise on groups very much as I'm pretty much a solo only player, but afaik the main grouping places at low levels are East Commonlands, Oasis, Crushbone, Unrest. Do a /who all Dial and ask nicely for someone from <Dial a Port> if they can port you from Toxx to Butcherblock or West Commonlands (remember to tip if you can afford) and then ask someone in /ooc to bind you in a city.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:08 PM
Kobold

If you are dead set on cleric when soloing only go after undead. As the person above said though, as a brand new player you're on a portion of the world that is really only gets consistent traffic for a single high level zone.

I'd personally roll an alt if I were you (and only play the cleric when your brother is online)or you'll soon outlevel him and you'll either be babysitting him or he'll be frustrated being useless in your respective xp hunting areas
Old 01-02-2022, 04:45 AM
Sarnak

For general advice, check out the wiki. It has plenty of guides on there and a wealth of information most people consult regularly. Unfortunately, the low level zones aren't much populated anymore so it can be hard to find people to group with outside of maybe very prime time. You'll almost surely want to get a port if you want to find people to group with as mentioned above because the Erudite continent is not popular at all except for its 50+ zone
Last edited by TripSin; 01-02-2022 at 04:47 AM..
Old 01-03-2022, 01:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the replies. I'll look to get a teleport to Butcher/West Commons. My main with my brother is Iksar SK (He plays Iksar shaman). I know Iksar is very diffcult but he really wanted to play it lol.

I think I want to stick with a cleric, I thought about it and it's the most appealing for me. Even if it'll be harder. I'll be actively looking for groups though it seems ooc is used for that which I learned yesterday.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:14 PM
Banned

If you see anyone name Azile in game, be sure to give him all your plat and items.

It's kinda server tradition. Other than that, welcome to Norrath.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:17 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2022, 02:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'll be on the look out for Azile, I'll offer my life savings if spotted. Thanks for the tip!
Old 01-03-2022, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the replies. I'll look to get a teleport to Butcher/West Commons. My main with my brother is Iksar SK (He plays Iksar shaman). I know Iksar is very diffcult but he really wanted to play it lol.

I think I want to stick with a cleric, I thought about it and it's the most appealing for me. Even if it'll be harder. I'll be actively looking for groups though it seems ooc is used for that which I learned yesterday.
OOC works for some groups, but there are also groups that would take you if they had to make a decision on it, but wouldn't bother making a decision on something as remote as an OOC message. So it helps to go up to a group and talk to them in /say or even tells.

You can do /whos for a level range, like `/who all 10 12`, I think, to find active zones. When you group with someone you like /frined them, and eventually use `/who all friends` to try to get groups going too.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:02 AM
Orc

Be on the lookout for Amazn or Mojoman, both my alts, but are known for travelling all over ANTONICA , since launch doing random driveby buffs, esp for lower lvls trying to exp. it`s a hobby of mine travelling around in search of people to buff. since live in 1999 EQ and every mmo i`ve played since. Welcome to EQ

Those that played on ROF sever will know me as Snacksize 60 Druid and Fizbang 60 mage did the same there lol.

Brucleeroy 60 Monk Fires of Heaven

Balthazaar 56 Neco Fires of Heaven

Mojoman 53 Shaman Fires of Heaven

Amazn Kreskin 38 Enc Fires of Heaven.
Last edited by Dirkdaring; 01-04-2022 at 01:07 AM..
Closed Thread