Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet weapons will only matter if you need them to enable dual wield, they have enough damage to increase pet damage, or they have a useful proc. Weapon delay is not used on pets, so don't worry about that.

To determine if a weapon will increase your pets damage, you simply multiply the base damage of the weapon by 2, and compare it to the max hit damage of your pet. For example, if your pet hits for 34 damage max, you would need to give him a weapon with at least 18 damage to see an increase. An 18 damage weapon would change your pets max hit damage to 36.
It's not a big difference, but I believe the SVs are also considered. You can therefore give your pet a Spear of Warding and a Dagger of Symbols or two Dagger of Symbols to give it a little more resistance. I think it would also work with a Shard of the Core.

And two Ring of Flight for some AC.

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 01-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not a big difference, but I believe the SVs are also considered. You can therefore give your pet a Spear of Warding and a Dagger of Symbols or two Dagger of Symbols to give it a little more resistance. I think it would also work with a Shard of the Core.

And two Ring of Flight for some AC.
Ah yes that is a good point, you could give stat pieces to them in the weapon slots to give a small boost to things like AC, HP, SVs, STR, etc. And since those weapons are summoned it's not a logistics problem. So yeah I agree those might be good weapons to give your pet when fighting casters, and more AC never hurts.

Weapons are also good if you are trying to do something very specific like figuring out how often your pet hits with their offhand. Give them two different weapon types so one hand hits with slash and the other with pierce, for example.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-04-2022 at 02:23 PM..
Old 01-04-2022, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

all very informative. Thanks guys.

As for the necro question, it was about a year ago or more.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Found out a little while ago that P1999 uses some funky script logic when it comes to giving pets items. It appears there's a hard & fast rule that if an item can be held in either the primary or secondary hand AND it has an AC rating, it gets dropped into the hand slot regardless if it's a actual weapon or not. I can give my pet two Swords of Runes, complete the trade, and then hand the pet a Coldstone and it gets shoved into its off hand and will be holding a bag graphic and one sword.

I swear that I'm not going crazy in that I sharply recall just dumping 2 swords, a coldstone, and a ring of flight on a pet on old retail servers and the pet would hold everything correctly. Was only slightly depressing. I don't think a pet can ever have a range slot item with this code as long as the item has 2 or more slots it can rest in.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
During Fear raids on my necro, I remember all of the pet classes parking their pets at the tree and Mages would give them all summoned swords.

Why the summoned swords? If they don't really add anything? I'm sure there is a reason, I just don't understand this.
The damage on the summoned weapons wouldn't affect the pet auto attacks, but the procs on the swords would have been working on some of the mobs.

Some of the trash in fear are necro's/SK/enchanters which do have summoned pets that the mage swords would proc on. Scarelings may be classified as summoned monsters too, but not 100% on that. The proc isn't big, so likely wouldn't have made much difference, just a slight boost.

edit: Actually, for a period during the green timeline, mage swords were proccing on all targets rather than only summoned mobs. So it would make sense if that was during that time.
Last edited by Tethler; 01-05-2022 at 03:41 AM..
Closed Thread