Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

Default The fast start on Green thread

For years I've been helping with server churn by giving away sets of banded armor on all P99 servers to encourage new players to join the server. Now I could use some help with a project I have in mind and I'm willing to power level you hour for hour for the time you put in. It will take a single session of about five hours and will take place on a Friday or Saturday evening, Eastern US time.

On top of power leveling you for five hours with a 56 druid in exchange for your help with my project, I'll also be giving your toon a full set of gear. Not banded this time, but a full set of legit gear for example as follows, depending on what class you want to play on Green:

Warrior

Mix of Cobalt, Mithril and Crafted armor, full set of ac/str jewelry.

Shadowknight

Full set of Sentient armor, set of ac/str jewelry

Ranger

Mix of Mithril and Tolan's armor, set of ac/str jewelry

Paladin

Mix of Mithril and Deepwater armor, set of ac/str jewelry

Rogue

Mix of Mithril and Mrylokar's armor, set of ac/str jewelry

INT caster

Full set of INT gear

WIS caster

Full set of WIS gear

To be a part of this project, you need to be available to join me in voice in discord. I have a channel specifically set up for this. You can either add AenorVZ#0037 as a friend or DM me on this board with your discord handle and I'll friend you.

As soon as I have people in my Discord I can start power leveling and gearing you. I need a total of five people for the session I have in mind, but you can earn your pl and gear by simply helping me recruit more people even if you don't end up being available for the single Friday/Saturday session that I'm working toward.

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish:

https://www.project1999.com/achievements.php

On October 25, 2019 a little after 1 PM the Green server launched. A little under five hours later Coalena was the first character to ding level 10, a full five hours faster than Leknaat, who was the second class to get a server first level 10 server wide announcement.

Coalena was in my group when he dinged level 10. He was one of two people who volunteered to help me raise the plat to fund a master smith on Day 1 of Green to start doing free combines for anyone who could afford their own materials. My opening leveling strategy was so successful that Kaneh and Coalena both dinged level 10 in half the time it took the next fastest player.

What I'd like to do is simulate a server opening with a full group working cooperatively to see how fast I can get to level 10. It should be faster with five people helping me instead of two, but we will be slowed down by the fact that Green does not have the accelerated spawn rate in noobie zones that was enabled on Green launch and then disabled when Coalena dinged 10.

I'm available for a couple of power leveling sessions this Friday and Saturday evening. Hit me up in DM or Discord if you are interested.
Old 12-17-2021, 02:36 AM
Orc

Aenor, I want to thank you again. I am looking forward to our project group. I created a half-elf paladin in Qeynos for the group.
And I really had fun getting great PL exp on my shaman in EC. I got 3 levels in a short time, and you gave me a lot of great WIS gear, raising my WIS by 50-60 points so far. A total game changer. I look forward to more time with you.
For anyone reading this thread, I highly recommend participating in this project. Not only is getting PLed on your character fun and profitable, but the project itself should be exciting as well. It's also a chance to meet and play with new people. Send Aenor a message if you have any questions about it.
Old 12-17-2021, 03:40 AM
Banned

Aenor is pretty cool. He palled around on red with me once.

Sadly I don't have the hours to help him with this project. Well worth it though if you're able.
Old 12-17-2021, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks guys. I just invited Faiil to the Discord so we're up to three of the needed six players. We'll probably do our 1-10 speed run some time around new year's if that works for everyone. In the meantime I've got time to power level and gear up front while we gather the group that we'll need. Thanks for the kind words Starkind and Valik.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:56 PM
Kobold

Quick question, did you have a time frame in mind? I likely play too late or would be interested in helping. Additionally is there a race restriction due to your testing (ie no iksar/troll due to xp penalty)?
Old 12-17-2021, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

It will be all level 1 humans starting in Qeynos. We're shooting for around New Year's. The specific time will depend on everyone's availability.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:46 PM
Kobold

how did it go?
Old 01-07-2022, 02:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am down to help if you still need someone. I've available pretty much most Friday/Saturday nights after 8:00 PM CST. I've played most roles in this game (Tank, Heals, CC, Hybrid DPS, Melee DPS, Caster DPS) so I open to anything tho I prefer Melee DPS.
Old 01-12-2022, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Oh this has me thinking to start on green! I am coming from playing in a live TLP and don’t really know where to start. Someone had suggested blue, but is there any major difference other than age of each server? Both are in velious now right?
Closed Thread