Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Default Weighted Axe with any bow almost any level

You can use weighted axe with any bow and do 200+ dmg a hit to mobs. The delay of your weapon in your main hand effects the dmg that your bow does for whatever reason. Everyone can stand out of the way of mechanics and out dps rogues/monks. So SK and Paladins can be some of the top dps classes with a bow. Should be looked into.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:38 PM
Kobold

How can paladins be part of the the top dps classes when a weighted axe is restricted to SK/WAR?
Old 01-16-2022, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

just a high delay wep like earth shaker or something.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylarik24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just a high delay wep like earth shaker or something.
Yeah no, because even if they could use a good bow with the weighted Ax Paladins and SKs will find they will do more damage with a good two hander than a bow.

A. Their Bow skill on a mob would be 175 (can you say lots of misses on a PvE mob)

B. Their double attack allows more damage

There is a reason this is more a problem on Red PvP server since damage is determined differently when attacking players.

Old 01-20-2022, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Give it a go let me know how yea do.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylarik24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give it a go let me know how yea do.
I have and I discussed it at length in the Red Server Bug forums.

The stupid bow garbage is only good in PVP.

I have experimented on PvP server with both an Ogre warrior with Precision and a ranger with Earthshaker with the max haste and exquisite reinforced Velium bow.

And I will repeat, the damage is garbage in PvE but breaks PvP due to the fact PKers don’t gear against this type of attack that does a check vs your agility. No one stacks agility on Red. And skill level doesn’t play a factor on hit in PvP like it does in PvE.

In PvE

Rangers can’t double hit this way nor proc off their self buff spell line as they do in melee
Warriors can’t Triple hit this way nor crit as they do in melee. Arrows don’t have unlimited arrows.

Not to mention you lose out on reposte and kick hits.

And because archery weapon skill in PvE isn’t equivalent to melee skill there are a few more misses.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

Was more asking for logs to compare to mine ill post the logs when i get home of a warrior with precision bow of the destroyer and a weighted axe vs a primal axe and vs twisted steel against Ikky.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Was more asking for logs to compare to mine ill post the logs when i get home of a warrior with precision bow of the destroyer and a weighted axe vs a primal axe and vs twisted steel against Ikky.
I really don't get it. Why are you trolling this has been talked to death in this thread that is 19 pages long?

And before that thread it was talked about a year ago here

Parses already took place and it was determine that damage was sub-par in PvE for a normally geared player.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...5&postcount=14

Namely 82 dps is garbage and namely so.

And seriously...logic dictates that if you have so many more attacks and different attacks in melee with a high skill rate then you will do more damage. Instead of relying on a discipline with a terrible refresh.

Lets not forget:

1. Precision at 60th level is on a 27 minute cooldown. You aren't going to be doing it all day.
2. Bow of Destroyer is from Temple of Veeshan and isn't even the best bow damage for max haste due to server side set delay of 10 with max haste + FQ.

Again this is more a of PvP problem than a PvE issue and the only player who is flaking out; to get this changed is Tune because he is at a disadvantage with this, in game on Red.

Last edited by Botten; 01-21-2022 at 01:24 AM..
Old 01-21-2022, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Pras Telin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unknown.jpg (20.6 KB, 8 views)
Closed Thread