Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Careful sir, you are venturing into ban territory by trolling bug forums.

First of all, where do you get i made this up? Did you read the links? This was a confirmed feature from EQs lead developer.

Secondly, I think the devs have shown they are willing to adjust mobs to be more in line with classic, such as the sontalak fear nerf. Maybe things aren't perfect, but we are essentially playing in an extended beta. To say you shouldn't limited mana pools is the same as saying you shouldn't have any ac hard or soft caps because mobs are too hard. You can't wait on implementing a fix always until another fix is in place... If they did that, then things would seldom get done around here.

Lastly, i don't see these mobs being unkillable here despite all these supposed non-classic hit points. People are also using soulfires / reapers / words / wort pots / mallets / recharges / zone pull tactics that weren't commonly known or widespread as in the day, so hard to argue about keeping it truly classic. Velious was defeated in kunark gear and you are upset to lose like 300 mana? A caster won't be able to brag about highest mana pool on the server and that a semi casual can have equal footing to an end game BiS profile is what seems to be upsetting you most.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Again with the 'my imaginary cap' troll comments. I think you mean to mention that it would make classic EQ beyond retarded then, cause fact was that was the cap through Velious and into Luclin. I don't understand why you aren't HAPPY you will be at the cap that only an elite few potentially hit in era?? Hopefully mana will eventually be corrected to scale properly to WIS/INT/Level and your gear will lift you up properly above these empty slot people. In the meantime your NToV / end-game gear I'm sure gives you great resist / +HP / effect / benefits above other dropped items.

In the 201+ WIS/INT thread people seem to be all about 'make this classic' but now they find out 'uh oh, there is a +Mana item cap?' and they freak out about it and call it dumb.

Just stop trolling the thread unless you are going to offer something constructive. Saying 'this is retarded' or 'this is imaginary' despite lead EQ Developer confirmation is not helping your case.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just stop trolling the thread unless you are going to offer something constructive. Saying 'this is retarded' or 'this is imaginary' despite lead EQ Developer confirmation is not helping your case.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

cap it at 5K then

I just dont understand the purpose here if players wont reach the cap anyway whats the point ?
Old 11-16-2017, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Walking around with half my gear on and mana capped would make this server beyond retarded. (yes half empty slots and I would still hit your imaginary cap).
With a cap of 4126, not many players will run into that especially after they resolve the 201-255 WIS/INT calculations. It's why the developers didn't address this until Luclin and uncap Mana values. No one grinded Velious as hard as P99ers for how long they have.

201-255 Mana calculations being wrong gives everyone an extra 275 Mana they shouldn't have. That's step one in this bug fix.

Judging by your gear which is basically best in slot, after the WIS/INT calculation fix you would only be 357 Mana beyond this hardcap. That's like 4 empty slots and you went for maximum Mana per slot in gearing. Perhaps you can swap out gear selectively for higher HP/AC/Resist gear when you're so far over Mana cap.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

I sense a lot of entitled scared poopsockers in here.

Bump for great classical justice
Old 11-16-2017, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Reminds me of the great classic Ele-ing when Druid track got nerfed down to 20/50 skill after several years of 125 track on P99 Druids. Hit right in the feels, but afterwards I'd never been so immersed. Mobs popping into vision before they appeared in the track window... I member.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they are going to fix the scaling fine, but just putting a cap in place and having every cleric on the server with the same manapool is indeed retarded. Confirmed I can remove 6 pieces of gear and still hit this "cap". Hell our shitty geared 3 cleric bots are close to this also.
Allow me to correct the misunderstanding you seem to have about Project 1999. Blue/Red are not here for your (or mine, or any other player's) amusement: they are here to (essentially) beta test the code for "Green" (AKA the "as classic as humanly possible" server). Project 1999's maintainers didn't spend eight years of their life just to make people happy: if that was all they wanted they could have released a non-classic server years ago.

What they want is EQ as it was in 1999(-2001). That means mana caps, crappy druid tracking, no buff timers, no light blue mobs, etc. ... no matter how un-fun ("retarded") you or anyone else might think they are. Just bringing back buff timers would likely have the support of 95+% of the server ... but it wouldn't be classic and thus will never happen.

Now I can already hear you saying, "that's a ton of B.S. because ____ isn't classic". And you'd be right: Project 1999 is not complete yet. Until it is, the devs are going to keep working on it to make it as classic as possible, and they're not just going to ignore not-classic-thing A because they haven't yet fixed non-classic thing B.

Once you grok all that it should be much easier to understand why your arguments hold no water: the people who matter don't care about making the game "fun", they only care about making it classic ... and while the ultimate decision on mana caps is their's to make, Rygar has certainly presented a wealth of evidence that they are in fact classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-16-2017 at 09:17 PM..
Old 11-16-2017, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

I look forward to the 289 item AC hardcap as well

so you are probably safe happy
Old 11-17-2017, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

No need to panic, we haven't heard from a dev yet. What may seem like a 'simple change' may indeed be a nightmare.

I honestly do understand your concerns and am having a slight change of heart, EQ is a game of progression and end-game raiding was meant to give you access to gear that moved your character to higher levels. It is not right to have basic thurg / HoT armor reach you at the cap where you may at least need a spread of end-game items to get there.

If the scaling of 201-255 is tough to fix but the mana cap is easy to implement, I would propose making it 4401 mana cap until the scaling is fixed (4,126 classic cap + 275 add'l mana from unclassic scaling).

This should still be made to cap the gains on +mana items (meaning, you can't ever reach 4,401 if your INT/WIS is less than 255), and when INT/WIS is fixed it will revert down to the classic 4,126 cap.

Raiding community no doubt put in work to their character, buying in tunnel shouldn't reach you to those levels.

That being said, what is the true 'classic' mana pool you should have with 255 INT/WIS at level 60? I know not what the exact formula should be. Whatever that number is, subtract it from 4,126 and that should be the limit you could gain from +mana items.

Capping +mana item returns would at least help you figure out how to progress your character and choose which items you'll want to bid on.

Edit: Checked out that 201+ INT/WIS thread. If this is the formula we are supposed to be at for 255 WIS/INT:
((LVL * 200)/5) + (2*30) + (255 - 200)

Then, for a level 60, their 255 WIS/INT mana pool is:
((60 * 200)/5) + (60) + 55 = 2,515 base mana

4,126 Mana cap - 2,515 base mana = +1,611 mana cap on ITEMS.

That is very close to the original link I posted where 1,588 was the cap on +mana items.
Last edited by Rygar; 11-17-2017 at 09:11 AM..