Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Question Kunark and Velious aren't 'classic' EverNerf

When do Beastlords & Paluda Caverns unlock on P99?
Old 12-13-2021, 12:35 PM
Aviak

ふざけるな
Old 12-13-2021, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ふざけるな
Iksar didn't exist in 1999.
Iksar not classic.
Iksar Monk not classic.
Iksar Necro not classic.
Fungi tunic not classic.
Level 60 not classic.
These arrived after classic/original just like Beastlords did.
Last edited by Gugg; 12-13-2021 at 12:50 PM..
Old 12-13-2021, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Our goal is to restore the magic and difficulty of the original Everquest game, including the mechanics, interface, and challenges of Original Content, Kunark, and Velious.

Hope this helps.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-13-2021, 02:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our goal is to restore the magic and difficulty of the original Everquest game, including the mechanics, interface, and challenges of Original Content, Kunark, and Velious.

Hope this helps.
That statement doesn't match the description in the header of this web site.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Hey OP, welcome to the messageboard and the project 1999 community. I can tell you're totally brand new and have read almost none of the threads that might have informed you more about this project.

This community defines the "classic era" as Vanilla - Velious. Starting with Luclin the game diverges from what Project 1999 staff and players identify as the "original intent" of the game.

I personally prefer the Vanilla era for all the reasons you mentioned above. First because it is by far the rarest era to get to enjoy, and second because the gear progression is totally rational in the vanilla era, while things that were nearly BIS like the Short Sword of Ykesha are nearly vendor items by the time you reach Velious which doesn't feel right to me, though those later eras are all fun.

Thanks for checking in to the forums and I hope you have a great time on project 1999, which will never go to Luclin. There are several other excellent servers that do go beyond this era. The Alkabor PRoject "Takp" and "Project EQ, the grand creation" additionally, shards of dalaya is an excellent EQ emu server that goes beyond velious and is well supported with a robust community.

I hope you find a server that meets your needs.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-13-2021 at 03:25 PM..
Old 12-13-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That statement doesn't match the description in the header of this web site.
Please view the ‘Welcome’ section of the site’s homepage.

https://www.project1999.com/index.php

Your welcome. You’re welcome.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-13-2021, 04:17 PM
Kobold

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey OP, welcome to the messageboard and the project 1999 community. I can tell you're totally brand new and have read almost none of the threads that might have informed you more about this project.

This community defines the "classic era" as Vanilla - Velious. Starting with Luclin the game diverges from what Project 1999 staff and players identify as the "original intent" of the game.

I personally prefer the Vanilla era for all the reasons you mentioned above. First because it is by far the rarest era to get to enjoy, and second because the gear progression is totally rational in the vanilla era, while things that were nearly BIS like the Short Sword of Ykesha are nearly vendor items by the time you reach Velious which doesn't feel right to me, though those later eras are all fun.

Thanks for checking in to the forums and I hope you have a great time on project 1999, which will never go to Luclin. There are several other excellent servers that do go beyond this era. The Alkabor PRoject "Takp" and "Project EQ, the grand creation" additionally, shards of dalaya is an excellent EQ emu server that goes beyond velious and is well supported with a robust community.

I hope you find a server that meets your needs.
I'm new to this emulated version of EverQuest but not new to EverQuest or the english language.
There's the objective 'classic' and the subjective 'classic era' which can be anything you want it to be and you've just told me this community prefers the subjective term so it's no wonder Classic on P99 is not classic.
Classic, though, mathematically speaking, is the original game only which was released in 1999.
If you want to say the sky is green instead of blue though that's up to you and if you want to say players on P99 will never go to the moon or play Beastlords then that's up to you too.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Okay sounds good Gugg

I don't like the term Vanilla for pre-kunark everquest but that seems to be the most universally understood term.

I like vanilla EQ best too.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:44 PM
Kobold

we need more choices for classic everquest servers. think about it. Gugg here wants a classic classic, gustoo wants a red 2.0 classic, I want you all to shut the fuck up classic, Jimjams all like go read the welcome message retard classic and we're all left here in a big divide.
Closed Thread