Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 11:28 AM
Large Bat

Default Do I need Enchanter spells sold in High Keep?

Hello all,
Coming back to the game after 2+ years away. (Amazon's New World was a huge disappointment). I booted up an Enchanter for solo and group play. Loving it so far.

Question: I see on the Wiki that many of my lower level spells are in High Keep. I'm not sure if I remember the journey and I definitely remember getting lost in there back in the day. Do I need these spells? Pet Animations, etc?

Will I just out level them and use Charm?

Please advise. Feels good to be back!!
Old 12-16-2021, 11:45 AM
Banned

Yes, because you should be using animation because Charm is an evil spell and the <Neriak Pal Patrol> Will not let anyone who has charm memmed OR scribed in their books in it. And zero hugs from people in the bar Maiden's Fancy.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

You really need the lower level ones to get you 20+. The ideal scenario is to go there at 8 and buy 8, 12, 16, and 20 if you have the plat.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:57 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, because you should be using animation because Charm is an evil spell and the <Neriak Pal Patrol> Will not let anyone who has charm memmed OR scribed in their books in it. And zero hugs from people in the bar Maiden's Fancy.
Oh dear...
Old 12-16-2021, 11:58 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really need the lower level ones to get you 20+. The ideal scenario is to go there at 8 and buy 8, 12, 16, and 20 if you have the plat.
Ok. Good call. I'll scoot Overthere tonight. Thank you!!
Old 12-16-2021, 06:38 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solid advice. The late teens / early 20's is when you want to start learning how to utilize charm pets, and having those summoned pets is an easy way to make sure you can keep going for a while without relying on charm.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manandus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok. Good call. I'll scoot Overthere tonight. Thank you!!
No, no, you want to go to Highkeep. The Overthere is for higher level Enchanter spells
Old 12-17-2021, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Yes, you'll want the animations but the real reason to go there at lvl 8 is the adventure! A level 8 enchanter has all the tools they need to visit High Keep but it's still scary good fun.
Old 12-17-2021, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Try buy or research Spell: Berserker Strength too. The 20 pet is a beast if you use your cheap debuffs and spam this cheap buff.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-17-2021, 06:41 PM
Banned

A necessary evil until at least your 20’s. Animation is boring, your dots and nukes are too mana inefficient to be worth using, so you can’t pretend to be a necro or mage with it. The only worthwhile use of your mana to assist is stuns or runes, and later slow. And you don’t get to control it like a mage or necro, just sit on your butt and watch it swing away

When charming becomes effective is somewhat based on your cha (at least until they get around to nerfing charm as supposedly planned), trying it at low levels with low cha and only breeze can become very mana inefficient if dealing with multiple breaks in a row. All of a sudden a nearly full mana bar can evaporate in re-charms. So it may be better to continue sacrificing 50% exp to the more reliable animation based on your early charm experiences
Closed Thread