Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2022, 04:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dragons often spawn during normal play hours. Just watch the spawn windows until they align with your play schedule. Its not too difficult.
Most “normal” people have a spouse and kids and maybe play 2-4 hours after work. The chances of a specific 16 hour variance mob spawning in that sweet spot is pretty low. So pretty terrible advice really.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most “normal” people have a spouse and kids and maybe play 2-4 hours after work. The chances of a specific 16 hour variance mob spawning in that sweet spot is pretty low. So pretty terrible advice really.
It isn't bad advise at all. Plenty of raid mobs have windows that end between after work hours (6pm-9pm) at certain points of the year. If your guild keeps track of respawn timers you just need to spend 5 seconds a day looking at the timers to see if any mobs you are interested in fit your schedule. Does this mean you get to kill Dragons every week? No, but if you have a wife and kids, you don't have time to do that anyway, right?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2022, 05:55 AM
Planar Protector

Have you tried jerking off? You can slay that dragon at will with no batphones iirc
Old 01-06-2022, 08:52 AM
Banned

@OP just log in and swing at one of the dragons once they are engaged by one of the botsquads, u can't accidently KS 50 bots so ur gtg
Old 01-06-2022, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
from the look of OP's signature, he doesn't even have a max level toon yet

and yet he's demanding to kill dragons

lol
Still a virgin Tuna?
Old 01-06-2022, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It isn't bad advise at all. Plenty of raid mobs have windows that end between after work hours (6pm-9pm) at certain points of the year. If your guild keeps track of respawn timers you just need to spend 5 seconds a day looking at the timers to see if any mobs you are interested in fit your schedule. Does this mean you get to kill Dragons every week? No, but if you have a wife and kids, you don't have time to do that anyway, right?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 16 hour window is horrible. No one that has a real life is able to deal with that.

This is EQ lost nearly all its casual base when other MMOs came out. I sincerely think that its because of these draconian respawn mechanics among other things.

Again most people arent going to stare through a wall for 16 hours or cancel a weekend of real life events just for the chance to slay a dragon. You can tell me to get good, but if thats what being good takes, I prefer to be shitty.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Banned

double post mad (lol)
Old 01-06-2022, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still a virgin Tuna?
you know you triggered someone when they start insulting you instead of coming up

with an actual argument

reeeeeeeee
Old 01-06-2022, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

I've never killed Vox or Naggy, and this thread is telling me I probably never will [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . Back in the day on AB I'd see /ooc's in EC saying one of the pair was up and anyone at the right level with resist gear was invited to join an open raid with /random loot. All the guilds were too busy with the top level raiding to bother with Vox/Naggy by then. I guess that doesn't happen on P99. Of course back then I was stupidly too busy getting to max level so I could join a raiding guild, by the time I got there Velious was old content so I think the only dragon I've helped kill in my EQ career has been Dozekar the Cursed which we did once for old times sake.
Closed Thread