Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 01:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Im stuck in the Starting Area and i cant figure out the controls

Ok so hear me out please I need serious help .. i guess
So i just managed to download the game a few days ago and finally got it running. I created my character (Lizard man) and i started out in this castle. I was walking around a litle bit trying to figure out the controls. Then I fell down a ladder and now im in this room unable to open doors and climb ladders. I know it sounds dumb but i just cant figure out the controls or how to do anything. I finally got the game in a acceptable resolution but thats it. Im stuck. Please help.
Btw i downloaded the Game without this EQemulator or anything like that.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Use 1st person, using right click look up, walk at the ladder to climb (look down and walk to climb down).

If in 1st and 3rd person you can also hold pgup or pgdn to make the character look up and down.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-09-2022, 08:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futanari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so hear me out please I need serious help .. i guess
So i just managed to download the game a few days ago and finally got it running. I created my character (Lizard man) and i started out in this castle. I was walking around a litle bit trying to figure out the controls. Then I fell down a ladder and now im in this room unable to open doors and climb ladders. I know it sounds dumb but i just cant figure out the controls or how to do anything. I finally got the game in a acceptable resolution but thats it. Im stuck. Please help.
Btw i downloaded the Game without this EQemulator or anything like that.
Do yourself a favor and make a half elf or human to start and starting city freeport while you learn the game. You start in 1 zone over from the most populated in the game (even if half of them are "ip exempt" bots) and you don't have to deal with being hated everywhere. Iksar is a great class but you should understand the basics first
Old 01-10-2022, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

The tutorial should work. Iksar life is cool.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:10 AM
Sarnak

stay in 1st person view. there was no 3rd person in classic. also, swimming in 3rd person is ragequit time for a new player
Old 01-10-2022, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Help me stepbro I'm stuck!
Old 01-10-2022, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

As others have said I suggest starting with a neutral/good race. My first toon was a gnome magician, a good beginner's class that's strong at lower levels and isn't gear-dependent. Rolling an iksar is like playing as Jeffrey Epstein, only welcome in the company of other lizards. Welcome to p99 and good luck.
Old 01-13-2022, 05:58 AM
Sarnak

Iksar can be a difficult class to play for a new player because a lot of NPCs hate lizards and will kill you on site.

Press Alt+O to open the options. You can change and set your keybinds there. I think the game defaults to the arrow keys for movement, I change those to WASD. Scrolling your mouse wheel zooms camera in and out. Hold right click and then move mouse to pan your view.

Go to the wiki (wiki.project1999.com) and read the new player guides and other guides and use it as an information resource.
Closed Thread