Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your first paragraph is how everything works for an "exact code" recreated server, so that's completely irrelevant.

Your second paragraph is absolutely false. Lists don't reduce the number of items on the server at all. They will be farmed the same. It only changes who is allowed to get the item, which in this case will be people who share accounts and sit around doing nothing, instead of being able to fight for it. Fighting for camps is Classic EQ, and p99 has now removed a large part of what made classic EQ feel alive, and replaced it with an unclassic WoW-esque mechanic.

1999-era competition for camps is actually the one thing that slightly reduces the amount of items on the server, because it means people will sometimes have to spend time doing something other than killing the NPC as soon as it spawns (ie, managing adds that have been brought to the camp).

It did happen, though, that element of chaos and fighting for NPC's. Not in terms of everyone rushing to the manastone camp and fighting for it, but in terms of the gameplay in general, and disputes that would happen in ANY area in the game. People were fighting over freaking orc and gnoll spawns in 1999. THAT was classic Everquest.

What a ridiculous line of thought. Everyone would have wanted to get it, if they knew about it. Most people simply didn't know about the item, much less where it dropped from.

---

No they weren't "free" to do that. There were specific rules in place by the game devs - Verant. If a GM didn't follow it, then a player could contact real-world CSR about it, and that GM could be removed from their position. Most players simply didn't get involved with such things, but regardless, "kill stealing" was allowed on EVERY server. Server-specific GM's had no allowable authority to stop it, and if they did abuse their power, then the player could take action against it.

Oh, but I am upset about that too, and have talked about it many times. p99 has the worst possible ruleset, not just in terms of the gameplay it creates, but it terms of being true to classic.
If you hate the rules here go play another game maybe try bitching on their forums too
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Idiotic logic from you again. p99 describes itself as trying to recreate Classic EQ. Problem is, that's a lie, as the server is not doing that.

Some people would like a real classic mechanics EQ server to exist. Particularly when the ability to do it is right here already, and the only thing stopping it is a dev who ignores what actually happened in classic and/or would create a better game, because he thinks (mistakenly) that his poorly conceived ruleset will increase the numbers on his server. The "classic EQ" brand on the internet now exists here, solely, creating a case of one person being able to control it, and thus distort the entire perception of EQ.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

Just raided Molten Core tonight and stumbled upon this thread. Yall need Jesus. That is all.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just raided Molten Core tonight and stumbled upon this thread. Yall need Jesus. That is all.
Any good drops?

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 09-20-2019, 06:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idiotic logic from you again. p99 describes itself as trying to recreate Classic EQ. Problem is, that's a lie, as the server is not doing that.

Some people would like a real classic mechanics EQ server to exist. Particularly when the ability to do it is right here already, and the only thing stopping it is a dev who ignores what actually happened in classic and/or would create a better game, because he thinks (mistakenly) that his poorly conceived ruleset will increase the numbers on his server. The "classic EQ" brand on the internet now exists here, solely, creating a case of one person being able to control it, and thus distort the entire perception of EQ.
Your opinions are bad. If you don't like this server, go make one yourself.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

OP having an absolute meltdown

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
he thinks (mistakenly) that his poorly conceived ruleset will increase the numbers on his server.
I'm gonna go ahead and ask for a citation on this claim. I know that I would have never bothered with blue if people could just come take whatever they wanted after I spent X hours camping it. The saturated raid scene is bad enough already. Devs did/are doing the right thing by ensuring toxic/sociopathic human nature is minimized.

Aside from that, I don't ever recall Xegony having a problem with rampant killstealing/"might makes right" or I would have never played Live for 5 years. Maybe our GM Vedan ensured that and that was not the norm on other servers?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

The whole unpoliced thing would be fun for these people to start with. Then people would gather into literally train teams and perma kill the jerks doing it.

They would tire of dying eventually, when they have body after body with 1 item on to keep it from disappearing.

No PnP sounds all great and wild west (actually it sounds shit) but even the training jerks will get their payback (over and over till they have to make a new character to escape)

Seen it plenty of times. People are jerks to people, KS, train and ninja loot. Eventually their reputation preceedes them and they have to make a new character so no one knows them anymore (until they are exposed all over again)
Old 09-20-2019, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.notacult.com/fansythefamous.htm
Old 09-20-2019, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

OH my word. That was genuinally one of the best reads for years. Bravo fansy.
Closed Thread