Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

It just gives credence to how balanced Shaman races are.

That said, I think the argument is a bit different depending on blue or green specifically. A shaman without Torpor, JBB, fungi, Canni 2, epic... the fsi vs regen question is weighted a bit differently.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I consider being able to do all the same content "remotely close" by definition. Perhaps you do not.

Danth
I consider doing all the content faster, better, more efficiently, and with less deaths "not remotely close". If all you care about is fashionquest pick whichever race you want. If you're min maxing and want to be the best shaman you can be Troll is the best. It's not really opinion, it's fact.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I consider doing all the content faster, better, more efficiently, and with less deaths "not remotely close". If all you care about is fashionquest pick whichever race you want. If you're min maxing and want to be the best shaman you can be Troll is the best. It's not really opinion, it's fact.
why?
Old 09-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
* at level 60
*at level 40* or *in your 30s* pretty much from the time stuff starts to hit harder than 40dmg. getting off a root could mean life or death always
Old 09-22-2019, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish i had 10$ for every time i asked a dead troll shaman what happened and they said, "ah man, unlucky stun"
Old 09-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who says Ogre is the best Shaman race is really just annoyed at the thought of getting stunned for a couple seconds and having to click the spell an extra time. Not what it’s actually doing in making them be a better shaman.
It's often more than a couple seconds difference. Many casts are very long at high levels. You could be losing as many as 8 seconds of cast time if a bash interrupts you - 6 seconds of casting interrupted + 2 seconds of stun.

Time is money. If you are losing 2 minutes of time per fight when soloing because of getting bashed, then your rate of being able to farm has been significantly slowed down. That can also make the difference when trying to solo a hard NPC. When you are being hit *multiple* NPC's, the difference of not getting stunned is also definitely a big difference in whether you might survive or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It just gives credence to how balanced Shaman races are.

That said, I think the argument is a bit different depending on blue or green specifically. A shaman without Torpor, JBB, fungi, Canni 2, epic... the fsi vs regen question is weighted a bit differently.
Regen is definitely more important pre-Kunark.

Shaman races would be "balanced" in Kunark era if JBB was Barbarian only. That race has nothing else relevant to offer in terms of actual abilities.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:45 PM
Banned

First you have to decide, over the long term, if you are going to be a shaman that tanks melee hits or not. If you don't, Troll is undoubtedly better. This can often be the case for a raid toon.

If you do non raid stuff after 60 then you can start making the comparison.

I have FSI and I love it. Wouldn't trade it in. Factor in spell interrupts and how much time FSI saves, thus allowing for more spells. Need to weigh that against extra regen. Not to mention the reliability FSI affords. You know what is going to get through with a lot more reliability thus can plan better. There's moments, very practically, when you need torpor or slow to get through and an interrupt is really bad.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:05 PM
Kobold

Interesting thread. I've been threatening to roll a shaman recently. Looks like the community is divided for once.

How many have leveled troll or ogre? Anyone level both?
Old 09-22-2019, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish i had 10$ for every time i asked a dead troll shaman what happened and they said, "ah man, unlucky stun"
Dude I know, you could like buy some taco bell and maybe a starbucks.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

I know FSI can certainly save your life, but I don't think I've spoken to any troll shamans that would have traded their char for it. It definitely seems to me like until Torpor the troll is full on ahead, but after torpor? It seems like the race differences become pretty moot and its mostly a fashionquest decision.

And Ogres look like garbage pail kids.
Closed Thread