Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Default How difficult is being a good enchanter in groups?

I've never truly paid attention to what they were doing before. I know they mes etc for CC, buffs obviously need to stay up, debuffs like slow are important. How hard is managing all this in a fast moving exp group? If you are paying attention and have a modicum of skill is it not a problem to stay on top of everything, including managing a hasted monster of a charmed pet?
Old 10-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Banned

all me can Tell U is Me noTice whEn gUd and DeD when u HaS a BaD 1
dey Do a loT if GuD!
Old 10-13-2019, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

It certainly takes some getting used to, but it's usually not too bad. Especially if you pick your pet wisely. There are at least 2 really good guides on the wiki. I would recommend reading those.

A lot of groups I've been in I'm mainly dps with charmed pet and haste/crack dealer. If a crazy pull comes in ae mez it and assist the tank.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

As soon as you get finger memory for the everyday stuff - CC a bunch of blue mobs, keep a pet charmed, keep buffs on people, single pull something from a bunch of mobs - it's really not hard. You can pretty much sleepwalk through most of it.

Often, you have to decide whether you want to keep a pet OR keep full buffs on your group, because sometimes, doing both might force you too often to go too low on mana for comfort, especially if your gear isn't that great.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Often, you have to decide whether you want to keep a pet OR keep full buffs on your group, because sometimes, doing both might force you too often to go too low on mana for comfort, especially if your gear isn't that great.
This is a good point and why I mentioned choosing your pet wisely. Choose something a few levels below you and don't forget to tash it and have your best cha buff on. I don't charm with enc until late 20s, because before then the pets kind of suck and you don't have clarity yet.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Aviak

Depends on how bad the group is.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

I start charm at about 18 on twinked encs. Even at that level they start outdps'ing some full groups.
With a healer you can already lay some waste.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Dealing with a fast-paced xp group generally comes down to mana management. Assuming you're not geared out or max level, maintaining buffs while managing the unpredictable pet breaks presents the largest potential challenge. Due to the speed that good groups operate, it is rare to need expensive cc spells; that won't take up much of your power. But a few unlucky pet breaks right before haste spells wear off can be a pain. Many 60 encs forget about this challenge once they have fantastic gear, a free haste clicky, etc.

The only other challenge comes from execution under pressure, but honestly it's not rocket science. Your biggest priority is to keep the healer and yourself alive; if you can manage that, you should be able to work through most situations or at least manage a clean escape.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Closed Thread