Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

For everyone except poopsocks the journey to fungi, torpor, ikky bp etc will be a several month journey. Some people even at 60 may never get Torpor.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Of course it takes time to get those things. That doesn't change the fact that the difference in racial regen is only significant at the highest levels AND when it's considered without other sources of regen that greatly lessen it's effective bonus.

That's a pretty limited window.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

shaman race doesn't matter at 60
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's a pretty limited window.
Is it? Your average player will probably have an easier time hitting 55 or so than getting a Fungi, and the Torpor market is going to be pretty firm just because people will know they can save their copies for when it dumps to blue and get stupid money unless the blue econ melts down, meaning theres not much incentive to sell low. I think for most people the window in which racial regen is providing a fairly high % of their regen might be longer than you think.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but warriors are boring garbage and I hate them and I like to pretend that they don't exist.
At Tumpy Irontoe's bar in Kaladim a grizzled old Dwarven Warrior sits alone, nursing a pint of ale at a table in the back. A single tear wells up from an eye as blue as the Timorous Deep, and rolls down his battle-scarred cheek before getting lost in his now-graying beard. "I just wanted to protect me friends is all," he whispers to himself, "That's what a Warrior's supposed to do." He finishes his drink and hobbles off alone, the wounds and scars he sustained in a thousand battles no match for the pain of having lost so many friends along the way.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Kobold

All of this discussion was fun, but can anybody actually test and answer the question "can you be non-push interrupted by a bash as an ogre now"?
Old 10-14-2019, 05:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shaman race doesn't matter
FTFY
Old 10-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Orc

On Fennin Ro, the 1st level 50 shaman were barb, troll, barb, ogre in that order. The first barb either quit or got banned very soon after hitting 50. Nobody knew. But for weeks thereafter it was just the troll, barb, and ogre. We were friends in game and it was a friendly, slow paced race to the top. Very slow. People took their time back then and actually enjoyed the game. But the troll, the barb, and the ogre all dinged 50 within a week or two from each other. Most people gave up on shaman due to all the nerfs and the fact most people back then had no idea how to play one. It'll be interesting to see how many people will actually know how to play one in true classic 1-50.

Anyways, enough old timer rambling. The point is FSI, regen, good faction. It doesn't really matter at all.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:16 PM
Kobold

I'll take a passive regen over anything. Troll is best.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

FSI is super overrated for shaman. Sure you don't get stunned, but you get interrupted which is the important part anyways. Troll is the best I think but every race is fine.
Closed Thread