Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats the timer on beta?
Presently: After level 4, it's 7 days, if you are online or not, and there is a resurrection timer of 3 hours that only counts down if you are online with that account.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

This issue is trivialising nightblindness in everfrost. There are strings of corpses with light sources illuminating key paths and turnings.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This issue is trivialising nightblindness in everfrost. There are strings of corpses with light sources illuminating key paths and turnings.
I love you
Old 10-17-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find evidence of when it was changed, then post a bug for it, and it will be a lot more likely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes has several corpse-related notes, but I'm not sure which one specifically you're thinking of. Also you might want to check and make sure no one already filed a similar bug.
I don't have any patch note, but I think it was much shorter back in the Kunark era at some point because I remember buying a bunch of CB belts with hard earned cash to level an alt, transferring them to the alt, dying on the way to Kaladim, and my parents made me get in the car to go to some BBQ and by the time I got home hours later my corpse had rotted lol.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have any patch note, but I think it was much shorter back in the Kunark era at some point because I remember buying a bunch of CB belts with hard earned cash to level an alt, transferring them to the alt, dying on the way to Kaladim, and my parents made me get in the car to go to some BBQ and by the time I got home hours later my corpse had rotted lol.
something really similar happened to me also.

I remember being in junior high, and was going to be the student council treasurer, and it was like the first day to go and i had JUST died on my ~10 necro darkelf and could not find his corpse for the hours i had looked, and ended up blowing off the student council shit to look for my corpse.. (amazingly this was before i realized necros had locate corpse spell)

I never found it. RIP Zayne or whatever the fuck your name was, you shall never be forgotten as long as I live.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-17-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The corpse timer was 30 mins, no matter what, under level 4. After that, it was 24 hours and that time only counted down if you were online. They also, however, started you with new bread and water every time you died prior to level 4. So it was a whole 'nother ball game.
My buddy (level 15 ish) went on a 2 week vacation around June of 1999 and when he came back his corpse was gone...so it can't be that it's based off online time only. He ended up quitting EQ all together then, lol.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

It'd be nice if corpse timers were reduced all around, stuff like leaving PoS keys on corpses just seems so outside the Vision™
Old 10-17-2019, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/othe...imes-t800.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20020319...p?Article=3765

https://web.archive.org/web/20020222...ML/000305.html

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Last edited by whitebandit; 10-17-2019 at 06:41 PM..
Old 10-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Where in those posts does it say what the timing was on day 1 of EQ?
Old 10-17-2019, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where in those posts does it say what the timing was on day 1 of EQ?
My point in posting this was for further research. I have really no confirmation one way or another but these people are discussing, and based on dev posts and patch history, that ""Naked PC corpses that have experience and are above level 30 will now last 3 hours instead of 3 minutes.""

This would seem to indicate that at some point naked PC corpses that could be rezed for EXP even above level 30 would only last 3 minutes, up until this "patch" that changed it sometime in 2001. IM sorry, im no researcher and am still looking for more sources and information from before that but, it aint easy :-p

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Closed Thread