Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Has anyone found a use for the boots? As far as I can tell, the "Fade" spell is completely useless.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

This is a video game where adults spend hours, days, months, and years collecting outfits for their online paper dolls.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone found a use for the boots? As far as I can tell, the "Fade" spell is completely useless.
The whole shadow step line is pretty useless for PvE as a melee. Makes boots and the jumpy hat pretty useless. Only thing I really used were the helm for a junk buff pre velious and gloves before the dispel changes. Gloves still nice to carry around as a just in case but you might as well carry a couple pumice stones from a vendor with probably a more reliable result. The bracer is ok but if you have to do any real pulling you might as well have a bow and arrow.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

I use shadow step to avoid large chunks of fall damage and to escape inopportune roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a video game where adults spend hours, days, months, and years collecting outfits for their online paper dolls.
Shoes are always the starting point of a great outtfit!
Old 10-18-2019, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

You’re comparing high ac fashionable armour you can buy and sell (some pieces like 400p) to stuff you have to spend multiple Hate raids to acquire. That’s comparing apples to orangutans...

I recall carrying half a set of Mrylokar for years. Str buff, throwing daggers, ultravison. The last one (helm) being a great piece so you can use the mask of obtenebration and win at fashionquest while not being blind.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed. Black plate boot aesthetics make Mrylo boots a top choice pre-Velious. Boot itemization for rogues is pretty bad.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:51 PM
Banned

HP and Resists above all else.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never played a rogue and I'm scratching my head regarding the gear. What is the purpose of Mrylokar's Armor? The only benefit I really see is +10 Sta and +100 HP from wearing Mrylokar. In the trade off, you lose 16 STR.

A rogue's role is DPS. DPS comes from STR.
A rogue doesn't tank. Tanking stats are HP/AC.

Woven Shadow armor has more STR.
Mrylokar's has more HP/AC.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Firstly, as I’m sure you know, the original EQ designers didn’t and couldn’t completely know how the game would be played. There are a lot of items, especially older ones, that have weird and/or useless stats.

Secondly, you can wear the armor with good stats and resists, and keep the clicky pieces in bags to equip and click when needed. (If you’re like me, then you have to get your hoarding under control to make this workable.)

Third, as some people have pointed out, rogues do need HP to prevent death due to accidentally taking aggro or getting hit by AEs. DPS drops to zero when dead!
Old 10-18-2019, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gear is irrelevent, fashion is literally all that matters.

So wear and use what you enjoy to look at. The game's been beaten.
Agreed. Min/Max is pointless.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:26 AM
Kobold

Alright since so many people responded I guess I should reply [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HP/resists = alive rogue
True, too bad Mrylokar's doesn't have any resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The heal on the BP is 6 second cast
Interesting! I did not notice different Trak BP's have different cast timers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gear is irrelevent, fashion is literally all that matters.
Why not be fashionable AND geared? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The worst thing in groups is..rogue... can't tank.
No worries, I plan on keeping my defense skill up to date, but I hope I'm not tanking too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Set 1: stuff you pick up in KC and Old Seb
Set 2a: stuff you pick up in the planes
I look at Mrylokar's and see Venril Sathir, Trakanon. Woven Shadow seems easy in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole shadow step line is pretty useless for PvE
Is it good in PvP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use shadow step to avoid large chunks of fall damage
I'm not sure how to use the 3 sec cast boots to avoid fall damage. Could you explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of items..that have weird/useless stats.

keep the clicky pieces in bags.

DPS drops to zero when dead!
Yeah I was planning on getting Mrylokar's Vambraces for the clicky. It's just the rest seemed weird as you stated.

Also, I've never died in EQ before.
Closed Thread