Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound upset.

I've never lost a corpse in the entirety of my time playing this game, Live or P99. But if something did happen and I wasn't able to retrive it, be it RL circumstances, or a rage quit in my feelings, I'd be more than happy to accept the compassion and generosity of a GM corpse summon. Everyone works hard for their gear, everyone has put time into their characters, and (IMO) it was a dumb feature put into the game to begin with.

GM intervention on corpse retrieval is Classic. Sorry you think that's "cheating". I look forward to not seeing you on Green.
I think corpse rots were fine for EQ as it was released, where you were wearing at most bronze armour and wielding minotaur axes most of the game, armour that could be cheaply replaced with some perfectly adequate vendor bought leather/axes immediately, then replaced with similar items to what you lost within a day of play.

However, as the game expanded, and a much higher level of equipment was required to progress through content, as well as that equipment being far less easily replaced, that pretty much necessitated a corpse restore function.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think corpse rots were fine for EQ as it was released, where you were wearing at most bronze armour and wielding minotaur axes most of the game, armour that could be cheaply replaced with some perfectly adequate vendor bought leather/axes immediately, then replaced with similar items to what you lost within a day of play.

However, as the game expanded, and a much higher level of equipment was required to progress through content, as well as that equipment being far less easily replaced, that pretty much necessitated a corpse restore function.
That's fair, I agree with that.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think there is anything wrong with the GMs here helping people retrieve their corpses. It should be a limited thing though and there shouldn't be repeat offenders. But I am not sure why anyone else would feel some sort of way for a GM helping someone out. Sometimes we rage quit man, I've been there.
and sometimes the boat bugs out and your corpse ends up at the bottom of the ocean. Stuff happens.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by makasouleater69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is cheating, it is equal to saying that you didnt get a roll so you want the gm to spawn in items for you. Now if it was a bug such as the boat its not, but 100 percent if you quit and didnt get your corpse, then came back and whined to the gm that you want your corpse back and he does its cheating.

Am i angry no, there are plenty of other games I was just looking forward to that till i read that. If they cheat and let you get your corpse back, I am postive they do all sorts of other shady crap for people.
You joined us in 2015, but in the 4 year since you have not realized that GMs restoring corpses that have rotted is common place? I'm surprised
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-18-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by makasouleater69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys remind me of the food stamp people,
Best ignorant statement ever!
Old 10-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It is cheating, it is equal to saying that you didnt get a roll so you want the gm to spawn in items for you.

If they cheat and let you get your corpse back, I am postive they do all sorts of other shady crap for people.
How is that in any way the same thing? Restoring a corpse is restoring gear you already earned. They're not asking for anything extra, only what they already had. And it's quite a leap of logic to conflate restoring a corpse with "other shady crap".

Quote:
You guys remind me of the food stamp people, and think it is the resposibility of others to give you free stuff because you are lazy.
My mother is on government assistance because she's disabled. Two rounds with cancer and being legally blind are obviously just a ploy for free stuff, right?

My goodness are you a toxic presence.
Last edited by Indecisive; 10-18-2019 at 02:51 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and sometimes the boat bugs out and your corpse ends up at the bottom of the ocean. Stuff happens.
I think randomly falling off boats and ships disappearing in the ocean without warning was one of the more realistic aspects of everquest.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
haha your magic god in the sky has nothing to do with this. As for missing me, who cares, its not like you would of missed me either way, and holy crap is that how you gague things if people are gonna miss you or not haha, or if they think your idea is good enough for them? You are one strange person, though last time i played this I met some guy who thought ghosts were real, told me a hour story about it, then gave me a bunch of stuff, that I lost cause of some reason I cant remember. Something about transfering it between 2 characters in the woods, and the sword disappeared, or maybe it was cause i died and didnt get to my corpse fast enough I dont remember.

You guys remind me of the food stamp people, and think it is the resposibility of others to give you free stuff because you are lazy. Either way no I didnt ask the gm to give me my stuff back because I was dump and lost it, nor would i expect them to give it back to me even if I did. The only way a corpse should be given back is if the game messed up due to a glitch, and the burden of proof should be on you to prove it, anything else is cheating. Guess you guys get mad for being called cheaters, most do that cheat.
A+ RNF material right here. Getem boys!

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-18-2019, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think randomly falling off boats and ships disappearing in the ocean without warning was one of the more realistic aspects of everquest.
Pirates? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
haha your magic god in the sky has nothing to do with this. As for missing me, who cares, its not like you would of missed me either way, and holy crap is that how you gague things if people are gonna miss you or not haha, or if they think your idea is good enough for them? You are one strange person, though last time i played this I met some guy who thought ghosts were real, told me a hour story about it, then gave me a bunch of stuff, that I lost cause of some reason I cant remember. Something about transfering it between 2 characters in the woods, and the sword disappeared, or maybe it was cause i died and didnt get to my corpse fast enough I dont remember.

You guys remind me of the food stamp people, and think it is the resposibility of others to give you free stuff because you are lazy. Either way no I didnt ask the gm to give me my stuff back because I was dump and lost it, nor would i expect them to give it back to me even if I did. The only way a corpse should be given back is if the game messed up due to a glitch, and the burden of proof should be on you to prove it, anything else is cheating. Guess you guys get mad for being called cheaters, most do that cheat.
Dude, your neckbeard is showing. Time for a trim.
Closed Thread