Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Aviak

Can anyone link the previous files for this? I dont know whats going on but I got totally goofered spell gems and buff icons.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

I was using the old velious UI from these forums, which all in all I actually like better than this. The main reason? It didn't have the shiny grey texture for buttons.

This is what the buttons looked like on live
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/629/eq000051.jpg

This is what they look like here
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/520/eq002683.png

Unfortunately this texture also affects the character select screen, so instead of the classic button texture for characters, everything looks borked. Is there a fix for this?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Aviak

I think its just bugged or he forgot a few changes. the root is new root and whatnot
Old 07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Kobold

okies, so if you're missing a hotbar wnd, just past the hotbarwnd xml file from previous ui into that new folder, and this should correct it, PLZ BACK UP ALL FILES!
also- i'm trying to do a work around on the CastSpellWnd - which is actually your spell gem window (spell bar) i had a nice small one previously and it had a nice lil context button for loading previously saved spells, tho i'm having trouble getting it to work, any ideas?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

So any idea why i can't even get to character screen without getting tossed back to log in?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Aviak

Perhaps one change id like on the UI is the ability to Invite/disband on the party window?

And the Mana 0/0 in the inventory
Old 07-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Hello, one and all!

Hopefully by now you have downloaded the new UI files and various changes via Zordana's excellent EQEmuLauncher and have the new spell layout. For those of you that have custom UI files you will need to update your gemiconXX and spellXX tga files. I will include a standard square version for those who have those sort of mods that you can download >>>HERE<<< - these are basic but will see you through until your UI is updated.

For those of you that would like a few more modern Velious options (%, additional stats, etc, etc), you can download the extra zip from >>>HERE<<<. Just copy whichever file you want to your default folder, or better still into a new UI folder and use /loadskin to preserve the default.

The extras includes:

Selector window
Hotbars 2, 3 and 4 as well as the standard 1
Quick link keys on Hotbar 1
LFG, invite and disband keys in the group window
% for group members in group window
% for hp/mana/end and a breath bar in player window
cast window built into the target window
More stats in the inventory window
Many other small changes
Last edited by Savok; 07-05-2010 at 07:10 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Kobold

spell bar showing a spell slot 9 when you press alt? go into equi_CastSpellWnd.xml and remove the line < Pieces>CSPW_Spell8< /Pieces > from the bottom, also find the area with this: < SpellGem item=" CSPW_Spell8 " >

remove that all the way to the < /SpellGem >

in this case, spells are determined from 0 - 8, that would be 9 spells, which is why 8 is showing up as 9, so remove the spell 8 section, and that will correct your problem if you're seeing spell slot 9 when you press alt
Last edited by r0xx0r; 07-05-2010 at 07:29 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0xx0r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spell bar showing a spell slot 9 when you press alt? go into equi_CastSpellWnd.xml and remove the line < Pieces>CSPW_Spell8< /Pieces > from the bottom, also find the area with this: < SpellGem item=" CSPW_Spell8 " >

remove that all the way to the < /SpellGem >

in this case, spells are determined from 0 - 8, that would be 9 spells, which is why 8 is showing up as 9, so remove the spell 8 section, and that will correct your problem if you're seeing spell slot 9 when you press alt
Do NOT delete the CSPW_Spell8 or you will start to get XML error reference again. I added a -5000 X and Y location to the 9th spell gem slot so it no longer shows. I fixed the file in the zip below and will have it pushed to the veliousv2.zip on the main website.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_CastSpellWnd.zip (945 Bytes, 9 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Looks really good, but would it be possible to put the spellbook back on the bottom of the CastSpellWnd.xml file?
Closed Thread