Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 08:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Any help to get started appreciated.

Newb druid here. Name Lendanie. I'm just level 4, with all cloth. Anything helps. Catch me here or online.

Cheers friends,
Len
Old 04-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Skeleton

I would help if i could I'm just lvl6. If i can get to you I'll give you a plat or 2 sorry all i have is maybe 5 plat. but keep at it just kill,kill,kill.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Skeleton

Check out the plat making guides on the p99 wiki. Also suggest bandit sash quest in Qeynos when you're at that level. Made a few hundred plat on my first character there.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Go to EC, and you get free plvl from asking random dudes for regen and DS
Old 04-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks, guys. I have a few plat thanks to foraging. A few meaning a FEW lol. I think up to lvl 4 I've managed to wrangle 20pp. Not great. In the bank for spells.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Default Where?

Heyas!

You picked a good class to play to make money as your first, it’s just going to take you some time to get to the levels where the primary function Druids provide becomes available to them (29+). Keep your head up, check out the guides previously listed and the wiki in general. It’s going to be a tough start, but if you put in enough time, you’ll get there slowly but surely.

Also it would be helpful to know what area you are based in for potential benefactors (of which this server has many).

Best wishes!
Old 04-03-2019, 12:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm still in Greater Faydark for a while.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

It mightve sounded like I was trolling, but I wasn't. The 100% most effective way to start from nothing is to get to EC, get free high level buffs and kill your way to 15 in 1-2 days. Extra bonus, people often give out low level items. Then hit up like LFay sisters, where you will make about 1k plat by the time you out level them (about lvl 19).
Old 04-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It mightve sounded like I was trolling, but I wasn't. The 100% most effective way to start from nothing is to get to EC, get free high level buffs and kill your way to 15 in 1-2 days. Extra bonus, people often give out low level items. Then hit up like LFay sisters, where you will make about 1k plat by the time you out level them (about lvl 19).
Ya, like the sisters aren't going to be camped to death. And don't count on getting buffs. My cleric only got good buffs maybe one third of the times I asked nicel in the tunnel. You are lucky to get a SoW these days, especially if you aren't playing primetime.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

I have levelled at least 6 chars in EC 3/4-15 within 1-2 days each with that method, the last being about 1.5 months ago. Often, there is some bored high lvl shaman who even advertises for you to hail them for buffs. Otherwise, just sitting in tunnel ent /say Anyone casting DS for a lowbie trying to level? will net you buffs pretty fast. Even if you have to wait like 5-10 mins, its still by far way faster than trying to just smack things as a non twink lvl 5.

Its still worth it to try and get sisters camp. It is the best money camp period until you get high enough (like 40's) to easily farm giants (since goblins dont drop HQ bricks anymore). As a druid, you would have sow by then. You can bind either at your XP spot or in LFay and just pop back and forth.
Closed Thread