Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

My words below are coming from someone who is very serious about their enchanter, and wants to push her to the max. Take that as you will.

If you plan on playing this enchanter casually, by all means, continue on.

If you plan on making this your main and taking them seriously, reroll.

I had a 44 erudite enchanter that I retired because I made the same "mistake" as you and dumped 25 points in to INT.

The stat distribution doesn't start mattering until 50+ IMO, but it will matter a lot. INT gear in this game is plentiful, and you get half as much value at 201-255 anyway, so maxing INT isn't a great return.

Meanwhile, having max CHA means one less thing to worry about when charming, which enchanters are borderline required to do in groups. As someone said earlier, the order of matter on charm break is Level -> Magic Resistance -> Charisma. Every 6 seconds a die is basically rolled for those three checks. If any of them fail, charm breaks. You want a higher level than your charmed pet, an incredibly debuffed MR on your pet, and high CHA to give you better chances at each of those die rolls.

The gear freedom you have for having a high base CHA is incredible. I am able to customize my gear so much because I have a lot of base CHA to work with. Without it, I'd be struggling for sure. Others say it doesn't matter... it does if you're serious and going against high end charms.

The min/max is high elf ENC, 25 CHA and the other 5 into INT or STA.

Best of luck
Old 04-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

There is supposed to be a soft cap on cha at 200, where every point after does extremely smaller amounts. Assuming the cap is in place, I think the only good argument for worrying about cha so much is when doing CR naked.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:08 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for all of the input guys, definitely dont want to reroll lol. Thinking I'll deal with it.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

At 12 your summoned animation is stronger than most stuff you’d be able to charm... I’d say charming becomes viable 16+ reasonable 20+ and efficient 24+(think Osargen in hhk)
Closed Thread