Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were they using black bar borders on the sides to get the 4:3 aspect ratio
EQClassic used the 2001 Trilogy client and Velious UI, which rather unexpectedly was found to be compatible with modern widescreen resolutions. If the user switches to the original UI (with its fixed resolution) you get the sidebar letterboxing as with most other old programs. That project can use those UIs while P99 does not because P99 uses the Titanium client--which does not have the original UI built in. Relics of the Titanium client are also why things like the stamina bar cannot be made to work right. If it sounds like EQClassic's "better" to you, weigh the above against the fact that P99's been available and playable for the past decade whilst EQClassic--which actually pre-dated P99--has still released nothing publicly. Sometimes perfectionism becomes its own worst enemy.

Danth
Old 09-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually the original UI (6 hotkeys). Pressing f10 made the stone borders translucent.
When DiS becOme p1999 defAult agIn goBlin?
Old 09-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually the original UI (6 hotkeys). Pressing f10 made the stone borders translucent.
Everquest in 2001

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-10-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Wish they could get that old ship model working. Last I heard on our client its collision detection doesn't work and players simply fall right through it.

Danth
Old 09-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Pet window was introduced in Jul 2002. At the top of the July 24, 2002 Patch Notes

Quote:
The new EverQuest user interface is now available for use on Live servers. Many of you will find that it runs faster than the old interface. It is extremely customizable, and offers all sorts of features including resizable windows, fading windows, a pet control window, and flexibility through the XML files. We decided to offer it for optional use as a sort of Beta II for folks on the Live servers that haven't had the chance to try it out on the Test server.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were they using black bar borders on the sides to get the 4:3 aspect ratio or running in a windowed mode?

I posted this a while ago, seems more relevant now with the velious UI being enforced.

4:3 EQ using the viewport command and taking advantage of the deadspace
Widescreen EQ doesn't exist, it just crops the top and bottom of the view
Old 09-10-2019, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaderman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Widescreen EQ doesn't exist, it just crops the top and bottom of the view

Who is Frina Hateblade and Hurog Darkstar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wish they could get that old ship model working. Last I heard on our client its collision detection doesn't work and players simply fall right through it.

Danth
Some of those boat pics have me nostalgia tripping hard.

Last edited by Mblake81; 09-10-2019 at 04:04 PM..
Old 09-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

I love those names without the drop shadowwwwwwww
Old 09-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love those names without the drop shadowwwwwwww
I feel you brother.

Very happy with this patch. Yes it removed some post 2001 QoL stuff, but it is how the game was played once upon a time.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

One day we WILL get there. I love it too!

People keep saying things like "why do this, if this unclassic feature is in the game right now?"

The answer is because one day, that wont be in the game either.

Its like saving 10 dollars every paycheck, it takes a long time, but one day it will buy you a new car!

One day we will get a green progression server that is 100% classic with 100% bugs and daily patches, I cant wait.

Then, after that? We'll get Zelda the second quest, meaning all the items will be moved around, but all the mechanics will be 100% classic! And we'll be as close as we were to 1999 since 19-fricen-99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread