Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's nice 2 dream [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

release luclin. no horses, no bazaar, no vah shir (unless "classic" models exist for them??), no 15 miin ports from gfay, yes beastlords, yes aa.

release pop. no port books, no pok, no pot. entrances to the various planes can be added to existing areas around norrath, and/or druid and wiz ports. no instances, yes more aas, still no horses.

had sony done this from the start and never added the newer player models, i feel fairly certain that these classic emu servers would go up to pop as a standard, instead of velious.
Totally agree with you, this is what I really want to see happen on blue. I think it would be epic. Or maybe even a new server? I would play there for sure.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 10-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's nice 2 dream [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

release luclin. no horses, no bazaar, no vah shir (unless "classic" models exist for them??), no 15 miin ports from gfay, yes beastlords, yes aa.

release pop. no port books, no pok, no pot. entrances to the various planes can be added to existing areas around norrath, and/or druid and wiz ports. no instances, yes more aas, still no horses.

had sony done this from the start and never added the newer player models, i feel fairly certain that these classic emu servers would go up to pop as a standard, instead of velious.
Completely agree! Wow, I rarely agree with you, but if you could please learn how to code and make this a reality, that would be great!
Old 10-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

If they're going to go custom I'd love to see them create some completely new zones from the ground up (meaning not recycled zones from SoL/PoP/LDoN). There's so much creative potential there for designing new zones and items that would fit into both the lore and geography of classic EQ. I would also love to see additional quest lines and more rare, high-end crafting options. Some ideas off the top of my head:
  • An undead dungeon in the Spectre tower in Oasis ("The Flooded Crypt"?) where parts of the dungeon are underwater and other parts dry.
  • "Epic non-weapons": Epic-scale quest lines for each class that result in the reward of a powerful item, either a very useful clickie or an extremely good piece of slot gear. (ex: Monk item summons 250 range Javelins, Wizard item casts self-only Clarity, Cleric a ManaConversion shield, etc...)
  • Extremely rare drops off common mobs (i.e. Sarnak Earring of Station) used in crafting recipes to make powerful new items/armors.
  • A high level Orc dungeon in Highpass Hold.
  • A Seb/HS style key quest dungeon for each other continent.
  • A new Plane to explore: The Plane of Anti-Magic, where no magical items or weapons are able to be equipped, and all spells are 50% less effective.
  • New race/class combos: shorty hybrids, Barbarian Paladins, Dwarf Shaman, Dark Elf and Wood Elf Monks (<--- that last one alone would have massive potential for some really cool custom lore and quest lines)
  • Modified leveling system that requires the completion of a quest to progress every ten levels, starting at level 20. Example: in order to level past 20 (then 30, then 40, then 50) you would have to finish a decently-involved quest that would require you to visit many of those level-range specific zones/dungeons across Norrath. The idea here being to encourage (read: force) people to utilize more of the game's content rather than speed-level in the same handful of easy XP zones.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

instanced dungeons
lel
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Why are wood elves and dark elves not allowed to be shamans? I kinda feel like it almost doesnt make sense.

Trolls, ogres and iksar can be shaman. Why not dark elves? Wood elves should also be allowed to be shamans
Old 10-12-2019, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are wood elves and dark elves not allowed to be shamans? I kinda feel like it almost doesnt make sense.

Trolls, ogres and iksar can be shaman. Why not dark elves? Wood elves should also be allowed to be shamans
Shaman is a tribal class, elves are not tribal.
That's why

Quote:
Similar to a Cleric, but closer to a tribal witch doctor, the Shaman can be found amongst the more primitive races.
Her primary focus is healing, but she can employ many augmentation and offensive spells as well.
- EverQuest manual
Old 10-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman is a tribal class, elves are not tribal.
That's why
Shaman is like a relative to druid. I hear what you're saying, though. I think wood elves seem kinda tribal. I guess the dark elf was a stretch. Wood elves seem tribal compared to high elves though

Edit: I guess you got me with that edit. I always saw shaman closely related to druid
Old 10-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman is like a relative to druid. I hear what you're saying, though. I think wood elves seem kinda tribal. I guess the dark elf was a stretch. Wood elves seem tribal compared to high elves though
They're pretentious elves just like all elves.

Quote:
Yet another variation on the Elven-Human theme, Wood Elves are slightly weaker than Humans, but highly dextrous and agile.
Their innate ability to act in the interest of fairness and justice often leads them to dedicate their lives to the good of society.
- EverQuest manual
Old 10-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno if its been brought up in this thread yet, but one thing in the spirit of the game that should be fleshed out and completed are the religions, especially the holy symbol quests for them. Many (Prexus, Karana, etc) don't even have the starting holy symbol. I think the highest one in game is the Innoruk, Tunare, and Quellious ones that go up to tier three? All religions need to match that and then maybe lead beyond that into a epic quest style holy symbol.
Although not really holy symbol. The bone thunder staff (karana temple) and Healing ring from Temple of life and maybe the shining star of life sorta fit as symbol for those religions. Always thought Qeynos had way better religious quest than rest of religions you mention.

Balance of holy symbols/ items is not even close as some are way more useful then others.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 10-13-2019, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Edit: I guess you got me with that edit. I always saw shaman closely related to druid
Wood elves have celtic tones, dark elves are city bankers and financiers running the east india trading company from a small room in a basement of Neriak.
Closed Thread