Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-15-2019, 05:52 AM
Fire Giant

I always copy/paste my P1999 folder before i apply an update so i can roll back easily.

What happens when you try to login to a server? Do you even get a list? Is there an error?

Have you tried getting the titanium release again? There is a good guide (cough) here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_MMVgJ_Dk&t=227s in the video comment

As there is no MSI to install with and other people are using this release without issues i can only suggest fresh titanium files and reapply the patch.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, why so many players extract directly into their EQ folder is a little beyond me. It surprises me every time someone has an issue.

But normally, that IS their issue.

Just download the patches to your desktop and hold on to em for a couple of patches.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:30 AM
Fire Giant

I usually

1) backup whole P1999 directory and rename to todays date
2) Extract new zip into seperate directory (in folder called hotfixes and sub folders dated for new patches)
3) Copy and paste files from patch directory into P1999 directory and overwrite (make EXTRA sure EQ isnt running .. e.g. check in task manager processes to see the .exe isnt running...very occasionally crashed programs leave idle threads around which will prevent files overwriting)
Old 10-15-2019, 08:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember, 50f for beta only <3
MayBE TrY a freSh instaLL
Old 10-15-2019, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

Chorts seems pretty adament about this point
Old 10-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Red, green or blue. I get the "files out of date" at the character screen. Even after patching.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chorts seems pretty adament about this point
He's a forum troll known as LuLsect. He's been banned multiple times.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red, green or blue. I get the "files out of date" at the character screen. Even after patching.
Outside of a fresh install, I have no other suggestions. Sorry!
Old 10-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

If using fresh files and patching with the files which previously worked for you doesnt work it would imply something wrong with your machine somehow.

I only arrive at that because the majority are using the same files without issues.

When WAS the last time you tried a fresh set of the titanium files?

It IS annoying to have to resinstall but honestly compared with some programs etc its straight forward. I had P1999 installed and working in like 30 mins from scratch including the time it took to read the forum posts etc.

If yes then it implies some persistant config issue but that shouldnt be possible all configs are held within the files (to my knowledge)
Old 10-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Kobold

In my instance it came down to 1 file spells_us.txt. Renaming the one from V50F, added .green to it then extracted the one from V50E allowed me to log back into blue. Adding .blue to that file and undoing .green allows me to toggle servers easy enough.
You will get the stone buttons on blue this way but you aren't limited to 6 buttons.