Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 05:51 PM
Large Bat

Default Wurmslayer

I always liked this weapon and now I have a warrior approaching level 20 and wanted to know at which point is it actually viable to use it and do I put it in my main hand or off hand?

For context, I have 36% haste, and other options are Fist of Zek, Venomous Axe, Jade Mace, and Green Jade Broadsword.

Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

It’s very viable technically to 60 for dps. I used it nearly 100% of the time until frostbringer started to proc.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-18-2019, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't it primary only at this point in the timeline?

Threads like this make me glad green is round the corner. This is an amazing ratio 1 hander quested by killing multiplenamed wurms in a zone of high 40+ mobs.

Of course its viable 20+, the only thing stopping it being optimum before then (cos lets face it 10/40 is still a perfectly viable weapon to level 9) is EQ's pathetic anti twink code.

I think you already knew this and are just pulling a wheelie.

Edit: sorry for being a grump, but its 7am and i haven't had my coffee yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-18-2019 at 02:45 AM..
Old 10-18-2019, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

I’ve yet to use one but this is my first time through the warrior grind, now level 49. I have a Frostbringer and Sarnak Warhammer that proc but solo I’ve mainly used a 2h.

The ratio is very nice and it will be less consistent dps wise than faster weapons (ie: great dpm but there will be more severe peaks/valleys). It’s gonna be hard to find a much better main hand to mid 50’s if strictly going ratio. Plus you get those fun big crits and crips.

Until about level 30 you won’t do much more than 60 a swing. After 30 the sky’s the limit. It’s MH only so probably a Frostbringer in the offhand is your best affordable ratio combo. I’d probably just use the FoZ tho and save the plat.
Closed Thread