Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you don't understand how higher defensive skills and more ac help to mitigate damage better than you probably shouldn't even be in the discussion. Also nice analogy, but my answer would be a link to forbes articles or something on that.
No, my analogy was pretty much perfect. If you had linked an article to a real explanation of warrior tanking mechanics when I asked how warriors were better at taking and dealing damage, instead of just rephrasing that warriors were better at taking and dealing damage, THEN my analogy should have had you linking a forbes article.

AKA no fucking shit higher defense and better parry/dodge/riposte and disciplines make a warrior able to handle incoming damage better, but HOW exactly are warriors different (see my post that already answered the OPs question as well as you did, which was posted hours before you ever posted, which also pointed out that people like you tend to just say "this is how it is" without explaining yourself or having any reason for anyone to believe you other than on blind faith)... what are the skill cap differences, what are the differences in the damage table, etc?

If I asked why wizards do more damage on a dragon than a druid does, you wouldn't say "Because their nukes hit harder," would you? Yes, wizard nukes hit harder than druid nukes attacks, but that is hardly an explanation of why and/or how wizards do more damage on a dragon than a druid does. You would explain damage per cast time, damage per mana, the way resists work on normal spells vs. lures, etc.

Now kindly do the equivalent of that with warrior vs. knight damage dealing and damage taking in a tank situation, or gtfo! We don't need you to say that warriors take less damage aka knights take more damage aka warriors have better defensive skills aka knights mitigate and avoid more poorly aka warriors are better tanks. We fucking know.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 02-16-2012 at 08:03 AM..
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Banned

Here you go: http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ead.php?t=8646

Your analogy was awful just like your contribution to this thread.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Banned

as for warriors dealing damage go to a raid and get a parser i'm not bothering with that. If you don't think warriors outdamage knights than you probably actually believe Michael Jordan is richer than Bill Gates.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as for warriors dealing damage go to a raid and get a parser i'm not bothering with that. If you don't think warriors outdamage knights than you probably actually believe Michael Jordan is richer than Bill Gates.
I don't believe much of anything that I don't have good reason to believe, thank you very much. And even if I were in the mood to take the word of random people on these forums, I still like to read about the how and the why myself.

Quote:
Thank you. Of course the info in is pretty useless without even more info. Great, I know how defense works. Too bad I don't know what warrior vs. knight defense skill caps are. Again, see my first post in this thread.

Quote:
Your analogy was awful just like your contribution to this thread.
Quote:
nice analogy
Liar? Hypocrite? Retard? Hell if I know!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Banned

that information you are looking for is all on the p99 wiki. The OP asked a question he isn't asking for specific math. He got his answer.

Warriors = better at taking damage and more needed for high end raiding
Knights = better at snap agro and need less gear to generate the agro and have more versatility

Do you even play either class? I would say not.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
that information you are looking for is all on the p99 wiki.
IF it is and IF it is accurate (which it isnt, and it isn't), then it is buried in some remote place of the wiki where no normal person ever finds it.

Warrior page doesn't talk about skill caps for warriors at all. (Edit - sorry, it does talk about it some. Offense and defense aren't on the list.)
Knights pages talk about skill caps, but based on discussions I've had on the forums about this before, the #s are frequently wrong.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Banned

since you are so incredibly lazy and too incompetent to search the wiki here you go:

knights:
Dodge 155
Parry 205
Riposte 200
Defense 230
Warriors:
Dodge 175
Parry 230
Riposte 225
Defense 250

Good day!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks, again.

I think you forgot to insult the OP for asking a question, though.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Banned

Nope I was happy to answer his question before you decided to try to be a jack@ss. If he wants to send me a tell in game he can on either my paladin or my warrior. I wouldn't answer a question if I didn't already know the answer from having played both.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Fire Giant

Also, I half-retract my thanks, because I stopped being so lazy and incompetent and I found, on the wiki, information that conflicts with yours.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Skill_Defense

Claims warriors max at 252, pallies at 230, and SKs at 210.
Closed Thread