Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
asking again, is there any real way to enforce this? i dont think so
I would think it would pretty easy to see if two chars were logged on under the same ip and logged into both servers at the same time.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Really horrible idea for when the server recombines. Hard to strictly enforce, but IP checks could make it at least difficult for them.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Banned

im just gonna assume they'll restrict it some how eventually
Old 11-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would think it would pretty easy to see if two chars were logged on under the same ip and logged into both servers at the same time.
hi, i would like to introduce you to this thing called a VPN. it can do magical things.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi, i would like to introduce you to this thing called a VPN. it can do magical things.
What if historically your two accounts you're playing at the same time match IPs? Even though one is now on a VPN?

Tread carefully.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I would like you to know that the server won’t let you connect when ran through a VPN. At least it wouldn’t let me.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if historically your two accounts you're playing at the same time match IPs? Even though one is now on a VPN?

Tread carefully.
what if they are new players and just setup new accounts and there is no history to go by? throw in the fact that half the people coming from TLP servers already have a spare $50 laptop (or 6) to run EQ on. 1 computer with VPN on Teal, 1 computer with (or without) VPN on Green. There is literally no way to police it.

On the same server it is easy. You see 2 people running around and can start to notice them boxing because the behavior between the two characters is right there in-front of you. How do you spot behavior between two characters on two different servers when there is nothing to indicate a link between the two (such as grouping together)?

At which point since people are able to do this, you may as well give everyone the same advantage and let everyone do it if they choose.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I would like you to know that the server won’t let you connect when ran through a VPN. At least it wouldn’t let me.
That's a layer 8 issue mate. GM's have already said VPN's are okay.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
That's a layer 8 issue mate. GM's have already said VPN's are okay.
Hmmm.....I’ll have to try again. I just tested it to see a couple weeks ago, and it just kept kicking me back out to the login screen.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

Wait, just to clarify. Are you allowed to play on green and teal at the same time?