Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Banned

Default Going Red (PVP)

Are there any downsides to going red besides being attackable by other red players?

I heard someone say something about not being able to be healed/buffed by blues and was wondering if that is true.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Banned

Someone else confirmed this and it makes sense to me.. if there were two reds fighting you wouldn't want a blue to be healing one of them with no risk themselves.... which is a bummer because a little pvp would be fun but you are basically gimping yourself therefor no one will ever do it.

What would be interesting is if there was a red guild out there, maybe even an alt guild, so the reds would have people to level with. It would also bring loyalty to members since everyone would be stuck with that group. They would obviously be the dominant pvp force and be a tight group since group wise they would be stuck with each other.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Banned

They could try to go hybrid pvp but i dont know if they want to take it there and how much of a hassle it is to code. Like if you heal a red and youre blue, you become red for 5mins.

They should also make a post about pvp to facilitate people who wanna go down that road.

For example, do you lose xp when you die, can your opponent loot you? Only coins or? Whats the lvl difference to engage for pvp? Etc.

A simple FAQ like this could go a long way toward helping some players make the decision to have a red alt or not.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Developer

Maybe we can make Kunark interesting. Give you a live 2 week preview, before official release. Except. Make it PVP.

Ok, only my idea. And my views are usually not entirely, but almost sometimes, out of line with managements.

Haynar
Old 06-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Banned

Well as far as I know nothing happens when you die to a red, just like a duel on this server.

I wasn't talking about adding in any code or changing the game, but just creating a red guild with the current rules. It would be interesting to have a guild pledge loyalty that way - cause they would have no alternative. Would be a fun alt guild to be a part of. Guild events pvping against each other could be pretty fun. There are other things I am interested in like raiding and expansions to come, just saying it would be a fun alt guild to play around with. I doubt the guild would ever grow or be dedicated enough to dominate pve as well... but who knows.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well as far as I know nothing happens when you die to a red, just like a duel on this server.

I wasn't talking about adding in any code or changing the game, but just creating a red guild with the current rules. It would be interesting to have a guild pledge loyalty that way - cause they would have no alternative. Would be a fun alt guild to be a part of. Guild events pvping against each other could be pretty fun. There are other things I am interested in like raiding and expansions to come, just saying it would be a fun alt guild to play around with. I doubt the guild would ever grow or be dedicated enough to dominate pve as well... but who knows.
Thats probably the only thing that would make me play again beside kunark.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

I suggest 2nd server for PvP. My guess is at least the 1/4 the pop would go to it.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Well then the problem with that is both populations are low and twice the work for the moderators. I don't think its possible to really change or ad a server. Having one community split in half and feed off each other would be a bad thing.

I think the players could put in a little effort and do something with the classic rules and server we have. If there was a red guild out there that was a serious force, it would automatically make a bit of competition between blue/red for status, spawns, position.

If there were any reds that were kicked out of the guild for bad behavior they would basically be kos by the guild, there would be true loyalty and trust in the guild for that reason. It would just be a good atmosphere for a guild. Who knows maybe there would be another vision and a split between the guild, making two red guilds that went for each other.... tons of potential for some fun on a blue server... making it a pvp server on our own for those who enjoy it.

I really think it woudl take off with a good group of players.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

Twice the work for moderators? PvP don't need moderators
Old 06-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Banned

Well you have to admit some thought and work would have to go into it.. creating another server takes resources.. and would hurt the current population that the creaters put time into.
Closed Thread