Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Developer

I spent a bit of effort getting recharging to work. I am for keeping it.

All for duck interrupt casting going away, as long as medding with face in spell books goes with it.

H
Old 02-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Banned

Item recharging is very bad. Every player on the server wasn't doing it on live.

Show me logs from live of people blowing midnight mallets on every raid encounter and rushing it down while giving 0 fucks.

Ducking is an easy one, nail that.

To offset ducking, spell gems will refresh with insta clickies. The above sounds good to me.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Banned

Another point is I don't think with midnight mallet recharging that its even possible for someone to get low hp aggro during raid mob aoe's.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To offset ducking, spell gems will refresh with insta clickies.
Can we say ... maybe .... maybe soon?

H
Old 02-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item recharging is very bad. Every player on the server wasn't doing it on live.

Show me logs from live of people blowing midnight mallets on every raid encounter and rushing it down while giving 0 fucks.

Ducking is an easy one, nail that.

To offset ducking, spell gems will refresh with insta clickies. The above sounds good to me.
Classic experiencerience v. classic mechanics. You often can't have both. This is one of those times. I don't get the impression that even CLOSE to "everyone" uses wc caps though, especially not frequently, let alone nets rings mallets ch clicks sham pots etc. Almost no one rocks strings bladestoppers shield of the immaculate etc, they are just visible when they do imo.

I'd be excited to see duck + refresh changes roll around though!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent a bit of effort getting recharging to work. I am for keeping it.

All for duck interrupt casting going away, as long as medding with face in spell books goes with it.

H
Why? it completely trivializes the content, it makes some of the most difficult encounters laughable and takes away from the spirit of the game. The same reason why soulfires were made paladin only and the Donal's BP got nerfed.

If I can get a hold of some plat, charge puppet strings to sell overthere hammers, use profits to buy more chargeables, I can literally do anything I want in the game without ever grouping, and making 6 man groups sit there s-o-l while I solo a camp.

On a highly congested server like blue, where content is 3 years old, wouldn't it make sense to allow people to play and not reward those who exploit merchant buy backs.

Also it's disabled on red because it was determined very early how bad it was... and thats a 200 person server.
Last edited by Mac Dretti; 02-20-2014 at 12:01 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Banned

Raids having enough midnight mallets for full clears (all content) is pretty stupid. Just saying.

Haynar you can say whatever you want brewdog. I hope soon means soon!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

In fairness though, Rubies are what? 130~ plat. Recharging Mallet is 420~ plat. So you spend 3 rubies per recharge.

Last time I ran through the quest I went 20 rubies and got 7 Mallets. 7/20 is pretty damn near 1/3.

Don't think nerfing it would be all that much of a change for mallets. Would just mean people have to spawn Lynunga more.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Banned

I'm not losing my mind over this one truz me. Its just that it wasn't something in wide spread use that I'd think we would implement for a while like, say, the manastone dropping or being usable in the planes for a time.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Basically I agree with Tecmos: do you want to have classic mechanics or classic playstyle?

In a vacuum, I am all for increasing the costs to recharge items. Paying 500p per click of the puppet strings instead of 85p would be a lot more balanced. But what pisses me off about this stuff is that people like Mac only want to nerf stuff that helps the players. How about we remove hybrid penalties? Or increase Charm mana cost? Or give Wizards critical nukes? All of those would help game balance for sure. Not to mention the fact that rather than figuring out creative ways to nerf the players I would hope that the devs would put more priority on fixing the large number of bugs we have now (am I bitter that the devs closed my huge bug thread? just a bit).
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Closed Thread